Saturday, August 6, 2016

Bedtime Poem // P O E T R Y

It's funny how poems seem to have a life of their own.

I started this one almost exactly a year ago and never completed it. This morning I found it again, changed a few words, added an ending, and it become something completely different than what I had originally planned.
It's been a long time since I've written a poem! I thought it was high time I shared another.


Bedtime Poem
 
Come my child, it’s time to sleep, the day is nearly ore
 The sun has gone to bed you see and playing is no more
Gather all your toys away, be sure to put them right!
Now scamper in to bed my dear, I’ll tuck you in real tight 

Games are done for today; no more silly songs
Your trains are on their shelf, and Teddy is where he belongs
No more giggling little one, the night has finely come
Don’t you pout my child, don’t you look so glum

Now bow your head and close your eyes, it’s time to breathe a prayer
To cast away your burdens and give away your care
For God is always listening, in the day and in the night
Remember to ask Him how to walk and to always do what’s right 


Here’s your special blanket, Mama washed it just today
Hold it close to your cheek and remember what I say
That Jesus love you always and watches over you
I’ll see you in the morrow my child, when the sun dries the dew

- Felicity Estola

6 comments: