Tuesday, July 24, 2018

the mind of a child // P O E T R Y




I have a question, just one or two
Can you answer them for me?
I promise they aren't long or hard
There are just a few, you'll see

The sun disappeared today
Where did it go?
Does it sleep beneath the clouds?
Until the rooster crow?

Where do the stars hide
When the sky is bright and blue?
If you know would you share
What is right and real and true?

Where does tomorrow go 
When it is over and done?
Does it run and hide somewhere
For it never seems to come

Can I hold sunshine in my hand?
I wonder, do you know?
What makes the apple red
and why does the turtle walk slow?

Will I be strong and wise
when it is my turn to grow 
Must I truly sit here and wait 
until it begins to show?

Perhaps if I close my eyes
the time will go by, you see
I'll think real hard of being tall
and count up to three
- Felicity Estola

4 comments: