Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Favorite Quotes Tag


Daminika at Walking in the Sonshine tagged me for the "Favorite Quotes" tag. She did it all fancy with each quote on its own background. Yeah, I'm too lazy busy for such things so you'll have to just read most of them all on their own! I've shared some of these before but hey, it says "favorite" and these are mine:


The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for. - Louis L'Amour

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day. - A. A. Milne

To be loved and chosen by a good man is the best and sweetest thing which can happen to a woman, and I sincerely hope my girls may know this beautiful experience. It is natural to think of it Meg, right to hope for it, and wise to prepare for it, so that when the happy time comes, you may feel ready for the duties and worthy of the joy. - Marmee from Louisa May Alcott's "Little Women"

Leave these things to time; make this home happy, so that you may be fit for homes of your own, if they are offered you, and contented here if they are not. - Marmee from Louisa May Alcott's "Little Women"

Don't quit, and don't give up. The reward is just around the corner. And in times of doubt or times of joy, listen to that still small voice. Know that God has been there from the beginning- and He will be there until the end. - Joanna Gaines
 
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. - Henry David Thoreau

Over? Nothing is over. It's only the beginning. The kindling of a flame. Feed it, lads. As you fed it with your blood today. Which is the spark of liberty which you've touched afire. This light must grow until every dark corner has vanished and it illuminates the world. - James Otis from Disney's "Johnny Tremain"

Do you know your scripture, sir? 'What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and lose his soul'? - Gatewood from the film "Geronimo: An American Legend"

My God... My God is a God of peace. A God of life, not death." - Gatewood from the film "Geronimo: An American Legend"

April 1865, dear Ma and Pa. - Mack from the film "Shadow Riders"
- this is the opening line from my favorite movie and it always sends shivers up my spine. Guess you have to hear Tom Selleck saying it to know what I mean. *wink*

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. - A.A. Milne

I tag LaKaysha at Calico and Lace

G U I D E L I N E S
//Think of quotes that you love. They can be quotes by famous people, a movie, or even just a family member - or a Bible Verse.
//You could put the quotes on backgrounds, but if you don't enjoy doing that then feel free to just put them in your post.
//Be sure that you say who said the quote -- or where in the Bible it is.
// Post them! You could take the banner and post it with them if you'd like.
// Tag as many friends as you like!


Hope you enjoyed my very random and different quotes that I love!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM ALL!! The one from Johnny Tremain always makes me smile - grin - and then want to POP! ;D
    Especially when we're watching it - and you see the fires all around Boston, and when he's done you hear the "Sons of Liberty" song!! *dies*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you did all my favorites! Now what am I gonna do? ;)
    The 'Johnny Tremain' one, both 'Little Women's' Tom Sellick, and of course, Gatewood <3
    I'm gonna have to find other ones ;)

    ReplyDelete