Wednesday, June 27, 2018

J U N E // photos and blabbering


"He was a dandy, yes he was a dandy. 
He was a dandy and she was a belle. 
She wore a bonnet with blue ribbons on it 
and he wore a flower in his coat lapel."

Who else knows this song? Sung by the little girl with golden curls, Shirley Temple. When I seen the dandelion's above, that little diddy from my childhood began playing through my head and I thought to myself, why not share it? So, there. I shared it. You're welcome. 
I knew you needed it! *wink*

A L R I G H T... enough of that. 

How has your June been going? I have been quite silent on here for some time now. I apologize. To be honest, I think I have been struggling with a mild form of depression, and the desire to write completely disappeared. Praise the Lord, it seems to slowly trickling back! Oh how I used to love seeing those words fly from my finger tips, sharing poems, thoughts, fears, and prayers. I even stopped documenting in my journal. For a girl who used to write almost daily that is quite a deal. Since meeting Josiah and becoming an official couple, I believe I have written four or five entries. 

Four or Five.

In thirteen months I have written only four or five times.*gasp* 

Not all of it has been depression though. On my journal's behalf, I honestly don't feel the need to "open my heart" or "pour out my soul" onto paper anymore. I have an amazing husband who listens when I need to talk and that has been more than enough for me to unload. I really should start again though. Josiah started reading a lot of my old journals and it was fun seeing the silly things I wrote. But, also seeing how much I have changed, and how much life has changed, since those days of yesterday. 

I think I became quiet on here because, I just didn't feel motivated. I felt as though I would write the exact same things, over and over again.

"I'm lonely"
"I miss home"
"I want to go home"
"I'm lonely" 

That isn't very encouraging, is it? I've wanted my blog to be a place where people can find joy. Perhaps a smile or even a laugh! Pouting and complaining certainly isn't the way to do it. 


*Spanky answers the phone*
"Hellooooo?"
"Hello, who is this speaking?"
*Spanky looks into phone*
"I don't know. I can't see ya."
*man on the other line gets irritated*
"Hello! This is Mr. Ballard from the First National Bank.
Who is this?"
"Mr. Ballard from the First National Bank. 
That's what ya just told me."
*man on other end gets even more irritated*
"What number is this?"
"How many guesses?"
"Listen! What is this all about?"
"I don't know, you started it!"

Who else loves the original Little Rascals? Did that little conversation make you smile? No? Well... I tried. On with the photo dump. 

S I S T E R S 

Lunch date with the auntie and "sisters"




 
And of course, antiquing after!









19 years ago I visited a little petting zoo called The Friendly Farm. I have always wanted to go back! One Saturday, I finally did! This time with my hubby. Better late than never? 







Cormick loved it!



S N U G G L E S
Meeting Chrissa Rae. This girl was SO cute and tiny.

Of course, more Leah snuggles. I held her for a good two hours at a wedding we attended!


Last night with the sisters.

Beautiful Leah Celeste was baptized and we were honored to stand as her Godparents.

We love you precious one. Always look to Jesus as your guide.


Ice cream at Kimball's for Father's Day.



On Friday I joined my Auntie Brittany and Auntie Mary at the nearby lake. It was my first all day outing. Despite the fact I got burnt and was terribly lonely for my husband, it was an amazing day.


First time going bare foot. Man it felt good.









Since having everyone travel back home, life has been getting back into a routine. A week ago yesterday, Josiah and I started eating strictly "Trim Healthy Mama". It has kept me quite occupied as I learn how this lifestyle works, meal planning, budgeting, grocery shopping, etc. I think I am slowly getting the hang of it. 

How about you? Anything different happened lately? 

Remember, Jesus loves you. 
I hope to see you again soon! 


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The idea that you went to Friendly Farm 19 years ago and then again with your husband brought tears to my eyes... not sure why . anyways I enjoyed hearing from you and seeing a glimpse of your life 3,000 miles away. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty crazy, isn't it? Never would have imagined!
      I am glad you enjoyed!
      Miss you too <3

      Delete
  2. Yes, that little clip from "Little Rascals" made me smile.
    OH, I so want to go to Friendly Farms.
    Ahhh, Leah and Chrissa are so cute!
    Oh, you and Josiah always make me smile, you're just too cute together, you guys always look so happy! I love you two! <333333333333 and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit me and we'll go!
      Aren't they?
      *blush* oh stop.
      Love and miss you too!

      Delete
  3. It was such fun to see a glimpse of your life. Miss you, girl! <3

    And, yes, you did make me smile with the"Little Rascals" quotes. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too, Emily Sue!
      *see that? I rhymed*

      I am glad! <3

      Delete
  4. Oh, those twins <333333333333333333333333333333333333 I miss them something awful
    And you <3
    Also, all those pics of me.... *ugh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they miss you!!
      I sure do.
      You's cute!

      Delete