Saturday, October 15, 2016

Currently In My Life

I've seen "currently in..." posts before, and enjoyed reading them. I have never sat down and done one myself though. I thought maybe it would be fun to try it out. We'll see what I think!

*Current Happenings*
Hm... lets see? What has happened recently that is worth writing about?

Sunday I took Kaysha & Roger's Christmas photo's along with Noelle's 6 month.
I was, as usual, nervous about how it would go. Especially with Noelle being so young! Then the weather was a problem. Rain, rain, rain.
It slowed to a drizzle though and Noelle was happy and smiley! I think I got some cute ones of her!
Of course, I won't be sharing any of the photo shoot as I am still in the process of editing and then going to give them to Kaysha and Shanoah.
Here are a few photo's though of after. I got to play with her for a few minutes before she decided it was time for a nap:


On the way to work Monday, I happened to glance to the right of my car. I was shocked to find at least thirty elk grazing in someone's field!
Now me, I love elk! But I have never seen them in the "wild" before so was excited to come across them! I pulled over quickly to snap a few photo's, then text my parents and let them know. They loaded up and went to see for themselves.
Have to say, it made my day.




Tuesday my dear friend Kaysha turned 21! Wow. Twenty-one. Seems like only yesterday we were twelve years old and talking about "when we grow up". Now we are (or so they tell us) "all grown up", Kaysha being married and living a new and exciting faze.
Life certainly has not gone how I figured it would but, it's been a wonderful life just the same. I am so glad God blessed me with memories and amazing friends.
I picked her up at 8:45 in the morning and brought her to a hair appointment! Then we spent the day hanging out at the mall, got coffee, and later went to her place where we were joined by Marita. Was a relaxing day just catching up on our lives. Something I needed!

"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

I love Brewed Awakening's "real fruit smoothies".
They have no added sugar and are made with their own
fresh squeezed orange juice!
*Currently Eaten*
That's a random thing to share, in my opinion!
I guess if you care to know, I recently had a random craving and bought myself a can of Coke and a bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos. Actually, I drove to the store and my "baby" sister went inside to get them for me! I was all gross from working and didn't feel like being seen.
I never, ever, buy "junk". Especially with sugar! I felt so naughty but it tasted so good. *smiles*
*Currently Reading*
Umm... nothing. *ashamed smile*
I can't remember the last time I read a book. I do miss it though.
*Current Favorite Songs*
My sisters think I have the strangest taste in songs. I have quite the variety of styles, I'll admit!
What I have been currently listening to:
Wrong Road Again - Crystal Gayle
"I can't seem to learn not to love you. You get to me every time. Your someone I just can't say no to, and your sure good at changing my mind.
Here I go down that wrong road again. Goin' back where I've already been. Even knowin' where it will end. Here I go down that wrong road again."
From This Moment On - Shania Twain
"From this moment life has begun. From this moment you are the one. Right beside you is where I belong. From this moment on.
From this moment I have been blessed. I wish only for your happiness. And for your love I'd give my last breath. From this moment on.
I give my hand to you with all my heart. I can't wait to live my life with you, I can't wait to start. You and I will never be apart. My dreams came true, because of you."
Sparklin' Brown Eyes - Wanda Jackson
"There's a ram shackle shack down in old Caroline. Keeps calling me back to that man of mine. If I had the wings of a beautiful dove. Well you know I'd fly away to that man I love."
Blue Blue Day - Don Gibson
"It's been a blue blue day. I feel like runnin' away. I feel like runnin' away from it all."
It's Not Easy - Helen Reddy from Pete's Dragon
"It's not easy to find someone who cares. It's not easy to find magic in pairs...
Life is lollipop's and raindrops with the one you love. Someone you can always be with. Argue and agree with, climb the highest tree with."
It Won't Be Me - Tanya Tucker
"Somebody aught'a tell that girl she's living in a dreamers world. That boy is gone as gone can be. But it won't be me. No it won't be me."
Louisiana Man - Connie Smith
"At first Mama and Papa called the little boy Ned. They raised him on the banks of a river bed. A house boat tied to a big tall tree. A home for my Papa and my Mama and me."

Endlessly - Sonny James
"Higher than the highest mountain. Deeper than the deepest sea. That's how I will love you oh darlin', endlessly."

There Is A Reason - Alison Krauss
"I've seen hard times and I've been told there isn't any wonder that I fall. Why do we suffer, crossing off the years? There must be a reason for it all. I've trusted in You, Jesus, to save me from my sin
Heaven is the place I call my home. But I keep on getting caught up in this world I'm living in and Your voice it sometimes fades before I know."

*Currently Watching*
If you know my family, you know we love old TV shows. It's my favorite way to wind down from a long day of running back and forth cleaning this or that. I almost never sit still during the day! But I am right now as I write this blog. *blush*
We like to watch TV series together as siblings. We've done "Hogan's Heroes", "Leave it to Beaver", "The Dick Van Dyke Show", and "Gunsmoke" to name a few.
We've recently began watching a "new" to us TV series called "Father Knows Best". For some reason we started in Season 4.
It always takes awhile to "break in" the new characters but I have come to love this show. It's funny and serious all rolled into one. My parents even are enjoying this show with us! That's a first. *wink*
We've also been re-watching (for the 100th time) Road to Avonlea. No matter how many times I watch that show, I still love it.

Well, there you have it. A little bit of what is currently happening in my life.

12 comments:

  1. ENJOYED!! ;P
    Hehe! Aren't you glad I "forced" you to watch "Father Knows Best"? ;P I LOVE IT!!! (Kirsten sure knows what I like) =D
    You and your strange songs ;P
    The elk were amazing! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, will have to look in to that show. Always looking for something to watch at bedtime! And junk food, gasp! Lol, just kidding. It's ok to have it occasionally, as long as it's in moderation! I probably have it too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get it from the library :) Lol yeah! I think I'm pretty good at watching what I eat? ;) but not always!

      Delete
  3. Those elk were awesome! :) " Father Knows Best" is quite funny :p I am enjoying what I have watched of it. And you do very good with eating healthy! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noelle sure is cute! And that must have been pretty neat to see all those elk!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! So squishy and smiley and cuddly and ah! I'll stop now LOL
      It was a dream come true ! One of them, anyways Lol

      Delete
  5. I love almost all those songs, except I must add, Eddy Arnold sings 'Blue Blue Day' much better, and Ricky Nelson is amazing singing, 'Louisiana Man'. ;)
    The elk was amazing! Love elk!! <3
    Father Knows Best is becoming one of my favorite comedy shows! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe I just did Joshua's pictures for the second time ever and I still haven't edited or printed any of them!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Noelle's second photo shoot too! But Shanoah doesn't have to worry about the editing ;)

      Delete