Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Spiced Apple Sweet Tea

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love fall.

Many dread the Autumn season because it means winter will soon be coming behind. For me, the cold seasons are my favorite and I look forward to them each year.


The cold crisp mornings are like no other. The air feels clean and fresh and your lungs can breathe deeply. I love bundling up in warm sweaters and boots, watching your breath float away on the wind.
Fall recipes are also a reason I love it. Apple pies, pumpkin scones, pumpkin lattes, and Apple teas.
Yesterday I was craving something hot and sweet, so I whipped up this mouth watering tea for the family.



Spiced Apple Sweet Tea

3 cups water
6 cinnamon sticks
3 cloves
6 tea bags
3 cups apple juice
6 tsp. Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
Apple Slices

Place water, cinnamon, and cloves into appropriate sized kettle. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat.
Add your tea bags. I used "Oolong Tea" but you can use whichever you prefer or have on hand.
Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
Remove cover. Add apple juice and your choice of sweetener. Turn heat back on and warm until heated completely through.
Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.
Peel apple (I used green) and slice into thin slices. Place three slices in bottom of each mug.
Pour tea over top and enjoy!


*Note*
I used ground clove as we didn't have whole and once I took the lid off from steeping, the clove had clung to the edge of kettle. I scraped most out but had to drain the bottom of the kettle with a coffee filter. I think whole cloves would be much better. Although ground worked and it still tasted delicious!


I hope you have a wonderful Autumn day.

7 comments: