Sunday, April 30, 2017

twenty one


Life is a journey to be
experienced
Not a problem to be
solved
- Winnie the Pooh

Sometimes that little bear has some wise words to share. Life truly is a journey. It's how you travel the road that will make it an enjoyable one or not.

Recently I celebrated my twenty-first birthday. Some days I look in the mirror in awe. I can't believe I am no longer that little girl with big blue eyes and freckles across her nose.


I am told I was a very sensitive child. And I do believe it.
I was afraid of absolutely everything. People, animals, water etc. Anything I couldn't control in my own little hands frightened me.
I observed people closely and could always tell when someone was sad, angry, happy... When it was sad or angry I did my absolute best to make them happy again.

I loved helping people and making them smile.
I loved babies and could stare at them for hours. Breathing in every detail. Rubbing their cheeks softly. Fingering the fingers and toes.
I loved the outdoors and played outside whenever possible.
I also was quite a girl and loved wearing dresses, cleaning, and listening to the adults. Pretending I was a "full grown lady". I couldn't wait to grow up. It couldn't come soon enough.
Now that day has come. In a blink of an eye that little girl vanished into time.


I spent my birthday in town with a dear friend. We walked the mall, ate frozen yogurt, and she paid for me to get my nails done. Only my second time ever and it was a lot of fun.




Before I left my Mom asked what I wanted for supper. I jokingly told her one of my favorite meals: steak and salad.
I knew we didn't have the food but I honestly didn't know what I wanted that we did have.

"Surprise me. Just please don't surprise me with spaghetti."

(I do NOT like spaghetti.)

I came home to a bouquet of flowers and... steak and salad. It was a lovely surprise and the food tasted delicious.



'Twas a lovely way to bring in my twenty-first year of life.
I also received gifts from the baby sister, an Auntie, and the kiddoes I teach school to! I cherished each one greatly.

Thank you to all who made me feel so very special.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! Wow 21!! That's crazy! :D I hope you had a spectacular day with lots of unforgettable moments ;D
    xx

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwww happy 21st girl!! You're amazing, remember that forever and ever and ever k <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you sister! Very glad you had such a good day! Happy Birthday!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I couldn't be home for your birthday... *lowers head in shame*
    Your 21st of all birthday, and I would have to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) Birthday!! My name is Laura, and I just found your blog. I really like the design! And Felicity became one of my favorite names a few weeks ago- Felicity and Charity. I actually have a violin name Felicity :) I'm following your blog right now, and hope you'll check out mine?
    Have a wonderful day!
    Laura
    Flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    PS. Does your blog title come from the John Denver song, "Poems Prayers and Promises?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the birthday wish and sweet words! I am sorry I was unable to reply to your comment until now, but as I am on vacation life has been a little busy. *wink*

      I will have to check yours out sometime!

      Yes, I did get the name of my blog from John Denver's song :)

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad that your twenty-first birthday was a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete