Wednesday, January 31, 2018

In Jesus Name // We Said I Do


A message from Jesus was sent from above
He sent me you to have and to love
He didn't send money, wealth, or fame
He sent me you in Jesus' name

He sent me you in Jesus' name
For the rest of my life you will remain
The one that He chose was perfect for me
He must have heard me when I was down on my knees
- "Message from Jesus"

Well everyone, I am married.

Seems so strange to type those words, and yet the most natural thing in the world.
Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful, though living in the PNW, we, of course, had rain. Still, we were able to take photos between showers, and the grange we married in was beautifully decorated by loving hands.
The day went by quickly, and before we knew it, it was over.


We spent a week on the coast, in a cute little retro house, just relaxing and being lazy. Not to mention all the pigging out we did on food. *hides face*
I think I gained twenty pounds.





We have now been back home since Friday, and have been just relaxing and spending time with my family.

Yesterday, along with my Uncle/Brother-in-law and Aunt/Sister-in-law and my cousins/nephews

(phew. That sounds crazy. I can explain though:

My Dad's baby sister - Aunt Mary, married Amos, who in turn, became my Uncle.

I grew up and met Uncle Amos' youngest brother, Josiah, who I fell in love with and became his wife.

So, my aunt, who is married to my husband's brother, is now my sister-in-law. My four cousins, are now my nephews.
Confused yet?)

made a trip to Cabela's for the day. That was a lot of fun!



In three days we will be boarding a plane once again, and starting a new life, in a world far different than I have ever known.

As excited as I am, I would be lying if I said I am not sad/scared/confused/afraid etc.
Moving across the country, from me family who is so dear to my, has been very hard to accept.
I have shed many, many tears over this.

I covet your prayers. I will be needing them so much in the months to come, as will my husband.

Still, with all these rollercoaster feelings, I know that my Jesus is in control. He brought us together, and He will walk beside us all the days of our lives. We must cling to Him. For, when we do, life is a beautiful and joyful thing.

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
- Philippians 4:8

I thank God with every breath for bringing me and Josiah together. I know life with him is going to be a wonderful adventure.

I love you, babe.




4 comments:

  1. ahhh! so excited for you both! YES WILL BE PRAYING <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I plan to post photos of the wedding once I get them!

      Delete
  2. Awww! Miss you already!!!! <3
    Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete