Friday, February 6, 2015

A Little Of This; A Dash Of That

I finally did it. I created myself a blog!
I have thought of it occasionally, especially since my sister started one several months ago. Still, I never took those thoughts to seriously. I don't share my thoughts easily, and especially my feelings.

My Mom just recently started saying I should start blogging. So, after some thinking and praying, here I am! I was afraid I'd be a blogger who never updated, or someone who wrote far too personally. I do love writing and making blogs look pretty so, here I go!
 
"Poems, Prayers, and Promises"

Poems. I will write an occasional poem. Oh, they're nothing fancy, nor frilly. They are thoughts that God places on my heart, and I write the words down.

Prayers. If I didn't pray, with my every breath, I'd never make it.
Prayers for my ailing loved ones.
Wandering souls.
Friends.
Dreams that maybe someday He'll fulfill, if in His will.
Most of all for strength, patience, wisdom, and contentment.
 
Promises. God has given us a lot of those, hasn't He?

 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalms 55:22

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
   In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

It is always a good reminder to remember His promises!

May God Bless You

3 comments:

  1. Welcome :) I am excited to see what you write! Very nice first blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete