Monday, February 9, 2015

Who I Am

Just 10 random  facts about who I am!

1. I'm quiet at times, and rather weird at others. I guess I have to be comfortable to get goofy, but in crowds or with people I don't know very well, I just smile and nod! (Need to work on my conversation skills!) But I'm getting better, I think... ;)

2. I have two part time jobs. One I've had for well over two years now. Maybe it's nearing three?  I'm a "Mother's Helper" I guess you could say. About every Wednesday (sometimes the day changes though) I go over to, hmm... guess you could say my distant cousins house. Not sure what else to call her?  And I teach school to her two girls ages ten and seven while she does "office work". Other things I do for her vary! I clean the house, wipe down the fridge, and fold clothes. I've even wrapped Christmas presents, mixed up a batch of home made graham crackers, and decorated a Gingerbread house! I just do whatever she needs help with! And I babysit for her off and on. I've been very thankful for this job! Sometimes it's crazy to think how long I've been helping her out. When I started she was six months along with baby number four. That baby is now past two.
 It's taught me a lot! About how to clean with natural products, patience with teaching school, how to manage money, and even how to talk to adults! I've been very blessed!
The next is a weekly cleaning job for the company my Dad runs. Every Saturday me and a sister (the two girls take turns coming with me) go down to the company office and clean it. That is nice also and brings in a small weekly check!

3. I love to cook. Or, read recipes and dream of trying them anyway! There's just something about seasonings and trying out new things. I'm a big fan of creamy soups, chicken, and potatoes. I love potatoes. I don't know if I'd consider myself a "good cook" but I do love to make the house smell delicious!

4. I'm a big fan of history! But there are some people and times that prick my interest more than others: Davy Crockett, Jim Bridger, Lewis and Clark, Abraham Lincoln, and Daniel Boone always have been some of my "heroes". Though, if you've know me long, you probably know that Davy was my "first love". As a girl I loved to sing "Borned on a mountain top in Tennessee, the greenest state in the land of the free. Raised in the woods so he knew every tree. Kilt him a bar when he was only three. Davy, Davy Crockett! King of the wild frontier!"
As for times, I guess I got my love of pioneer days from my Mom. Her dream as a little girl was to "be just like Laura". Hearing the stories about the Ingalls family growing up, I was just fascinated by those brave pioneers and mountain men who were rough and tough, and fought the land to live.
Also, for whatever reason I'll never know, I've always had a huge interest for Ancient Egypt. Just the words themselves sound mysterious and well, ancient! I love learning of their way of life, hieroglyphics, pyramids, mummies, and pharaohs. How they lived so long ago, but still influence our lives of today. They were some of the very first to use certain medications still used today. So many of our "inventions" were first thought of by the Egyptians.

5. I love music! Always have I guess! It must be oldies though. I don't even turn the radio on. The music heard today turns my stomach. Give me the man in black over todays singers any day!
I like all oldies, from the crooners of the 20's, to the country singers of the 90's. But my favorite of all time will always be Loretta Lynn! No one can sing "Ten Thousand Angels" or "Mama's Sugar" like Loretta.

6. I can't eat rice, pasta, yogurt, or pudding. Don't ask me why! They just make me nauseated. Except rice gives me literal pains. The last yogurt I remember eating was when I was five years old.

7. I'm a fan of "the classics". I love books like Anne of Green Gables, Pollyanna, Little Women, and Heidi. I love the romantic way their written, and how they have a meaning to their stories.

8. I suffer from anxiety. Pretty much have for as long as I can remember. So many times I would sob because I was afraid of going to the grocery store. I knew me or a sibling would be kidnapped!
Now it's more from large crowds or brake lights in front of me while driving or riding in a car. (Yes, weird I know!) I was in a car accident last June, and ever since then, when someone brakes in front of me, my eyes instantly close and I tense up. I don't drive on freeways (never have since my "drivers ed" days) and I am afraid of airplanes.

9. I wish I could sing! I love the haunting sounds of the old songs like "Red is the Rose", "Shenandoah", "Auld Lang Syne", and "Barbara Allen".

10. I love to write. Though I'm not a "lover of words" like my aunt. Each individual word doesn't interest me, but the beautiful picture you can create in someone's mind with a collection of words does!

Well, guess that's 10! Wow didn't mean for this to get so long. :)



5 comments:

  1. Yup, that's my girl ;) I enjoyed reading this even though I knew them all :) Thanks for sharing..Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this! Praying for you as you navigate these years of adulthood. Keep your eyes on Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written! I guess I know you pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to get to know you better. I see some f me in you. Strange, I always thought LaKaysha was like me and she is a little like me, but I see more of me in you! Surprise, surprise.
    Lean on God he can help you overcome your anxieties. Those are all some of my favorite books too! I LOVE the story of Heidi!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Heidi too!! I'd never read the original until a few year ago (only the kid versions and movies) and was happily surprised to find so much spiritual stuff in it!

      Delete