Thursday, May 5, 2016

Comfort Songs

We all have songs we turn to when we need comfort. Songs we simply enjoy listening to over and over no matter how we are feeling. Here are just a few of my personal favorite "comfort songs". 
  
  
Alone Yet Not Alone - Joni Eareckson Tada
I'm alone yet not alone, God's the light that will guide me home.

Where We'll Never Grow Old - George Jones; Jim Reeves; The Church Sisters
I have heard of a land on the far away strand, 'tis a beautiful home of the soul. Built by Jesus on high, where we never shall die, 'tis a land where we never grow old.

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow - Alison Krauss
I don't know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day. I don't borrow from its sunshine for its skies may turn to gray.

One Day At A Time
One day at a time sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking from You.

Keep On The Sunny Side - The Whites; Alison Krauss
There's a dark and a troubled side of life. There's a bright and a sunny side too.

I'd Rather Have Jesus - Loretta Lynn; Jim Reeves
I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold. I'd rather be His than have riches untold.

Across The Bridge - Jim Reeves
Across the bridge there's no more sorrow. Across the bridge there's no more pain. The sun will shine across the river and you'll never be unhappy again.

Precious Lord, Take My Hand
Precious Lord, take my hand. Lead me on, help me stand. I am tired, I am weak, I am worn.

Jesus Paid It All - Joey+Rory
Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

I Surrender All - Joey+Rory
All the Jesus I surrender. All to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him. In His presence daily live.

I Need Thee Every Hour - Joey+Rory
I need Thee ,oh I need Thee. Every hour I need Thee. Oh bless me now my Saviour. I come to Thee.

Father Along - Dolly Parton; Randy Travis
Farther along we'll know all about it. Farther along we'll understand why. Cheer up my brother. Live in the sunshine. We'll understand it all by and by.

What are yours?

7 comments:

  1. "I know who holds Tomorrow", "Jesus Paid it All", " I'd Rather have Jesus ", "Precious Lord, take my Hand", "Confidence" , "Come Thou Fount"," Be Thou my Vision" ...All sung by various people, and I have many more too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One Day at a Time", "Strong Enough to Save" by Tenth Avenue North, "Even If" by Kutless are a few I can think of at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have WAY too many and they vary from time to time. :) I love to go through the song book and find ones that I know the tune to, but not the words so well and sing them. That way, I think deeper about what I am singing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Alone, Yet Not Alone", "The Love of God". "Jesus Paid It All", "One Day At A Time", "My Jesus, I Love Thee", "Keep On The Sunny Side"...I love all the old hymns and gospel songs, and you don't hear a lot of them anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "In Christ Alone", "How Deep the Fathers Love For Us", "It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)", "Take my Hand, Precious Lord"... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what, I have no idea what are my favorites!? I tend to like any song that tells the story of Jesus, encourages, and comforts with the gospel ;-)

    ReplyDelete