Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Leaving On A Jet Plane


Today is my last day at home. Tomorrow, as the title says, "I'm leavin' on a jet plane" - though I know when I'll be back again. *wink*

I spent a lot of the day yesterday washing clothes and trying to get it all fitted into my suitcase. I need to be sure it isn't over the fifty pound limit. It's embarrassing how much I want to bring with.
Two weeks is a along time though! Isn't it?

I'll be flying with cousin Shiloh to which I am extremely thankful! I am nervous about going through security and finding my our gates, but not as bad as I thought I would be.

No, what I'm mostly nervous about is spending two weeks away from home, three thousand miles away. I have this problem where I get the terrible fear I'm a burden and people just put up with me, though secretly they sigh a sigh of relief when I'm gone. That isn't something good to think, I know.
Some moments I get panicky and think "why am I going? This is just silly!". But, I really do want to see my family and after living with my parents for twenty years, it's probably time I started to fly above the nest.

Our flight leaves at 6:07 a.m. and we need to be there by 4:00. We'll be leaving the house by 3:00 tomorrow morning! It's going to be one long day.

If you think of it, could you just say a little prayer for me? For safety in flight, airport, and New York City. For my nerves to not get the best of me. That I can relax and enjoy myself. And that I have a blessed trip with lots of wonderful memories!

I think my Mom could use some prayers too. *wink wink*. She's super nervous about letting me venture out, but she's been very good and encouraging about it all!

And so let the adventure begin!

3 comments:

  1. I am excited for you!! I may be nervous but I really am excited for you. :) We will be praying you across this great country of ours and praying also for a blessed and safe trip all around! :):) I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will be praying! :) I hope you have a very blessed trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying your trip is blessed and safe!!

    ReplyDelete