Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Someday



We all have our someday plans.
Things we dream about doing to only end the dream with one word.

Someday.

I have a lot of dreams like that. I often long for a simpler way of life. Do you ever just want to drop everything, and move deep into the mountains? Forgetting all your responsibilities and just breathing for awhile?
I do.

I love what I do for work but sometimes I just wish I didn't have to work. Life is so fast paced today. A lot of money is essential if you want to survive. I have been blessed with parents who love me and want me around. But sometimes I feel like a burden. I know I can't live off them forever and I have to start figuring my life out and what my purpose is here on this earth. I've recently decided it's time I found myself a car. Though I'm trying not to worry about it until I get back from my (what feels like) a lot of vacations! Let me tell you... it's hard.

If I could fulfill my someday plans, I wouldn't clean my life away. I'd spend my time doing things I love to do:

Re-doing furniture!
I've never re-done something but I have watched countless tutorials, read countless blogs, and gotten much advice from my dear Auntie who lives so far away.
I dream about re-finishing dressers, beds, and tables. Taking something sad and ugly and turning it into something beautiful. Something to cherish for generations to come! I've even dreamed about making it a way of "living", though I am not as good as many, many others out there who do this sort of thing.

Cooking!
Oh I love cooking! I love making things look good, smell good, and especially taste good. If I had time and money in my life I would do a whole blog of recipes!

Someday.

Decorating!
I love to decorate. I mean love. When I was small I would always beg my Auntie's if I could clean their rooms and "re-do them". It never turned out as well as I thought, but oh how I tried!
If I had my own home I could do it exactly how I wanted. Right now I've only "tried" decorating for someone else and they always seem to have their own stubborn opinion on that matter. *Wink*
My friend has asked my opinion on how to decorate their home and how I wish I could just do it. Go full blown and do what I see in my head! But, that isn't how life works, huh?

Learn more History!
Although I've been told I know a large amount of history, I feel there is so much I need to learn! I LOVE history. American history. If I had more time on my hands I would check out piles of books from the library and spend my time absorbing the information.
I can remember names pretty well but dates are another story. For some reason I have a hard time remembering numbers.

Oh the things we'd do if we lived on "someday island" for good.

Someday.

5 comments:

  1. These are awesome "someday" dreams! We all have "someday" dreams. :) Someday does come some of the time and others we find it just isn't what God wanted for us. Most impoortant is being content and trusting God will provide the "someday" dreams if He so wills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this! There is a store up here that has classes for redoing furniture or projects like that. I haven't even been to the store, but would like to "someday" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, yes someday....I have a lot of projects that I've been meaning to get to for years;). Sigh, Maybe "someday":)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't we all have those "someday" dreams? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to dream for someday than to not dream at all!!

    ReplyDelete