Monday, July 24, 2017

East to West // part three // the final days



Nothing can last forever. All good things must come to an end, as hard as they may be.
Josiah's final days here were such fun, though at times I felt so sad my stomach would hurt. I didn't like remembering that soon, he would be leaving and flying back home.


One thing he did say he would like to do before he went home was to see the Pacific Ocean. I remember when I seen the Atlantic for the very first time. And the very last time as of right now. It seemed far different than the beaches I grew up going to!
So one day, we all loaded into the family van, and my Dad drove us all to the beach!


But first! Coffee! This was my first time, as well as Josiah's, trying this coffee shop. It was delicious! If only it wasn't such a long drive to it. *sighs* Organic and stevia options? Yes please!



Lunch at our traditional little restaurant!


The sand was hot!




That guy is my best friend.



You can't go to the ocean without ice cream! Cotton Candy and Blackberry. Mm.
It was neat spending the day with my family, and watching Josiah interact with them all!
Before heading home we stopped at a nearby tourist attraction. Who else is afraid of heights? My legs were Jell-O by the time I reached the bottom again!





Josiah's plane wasn't scheduled to leave until late Thursday night, so we had the entire day to spend together. In the morning we were up early, made breakfast, and then we headed out the door! We drove to some local caves and walked the length of one. It was my first time here as well! It was so cold in there! We nearly froze to death!





As far as we could go.

I sort of like that guy. I think I'll keep him.*nods confidently*



Before heading back home, we made a stop at a local coffee shop! Josiah needed to see what the fuss was all about.

"I can't espresso how much you bean to me."
 Once home, we just spent the day hanging out around the house. I have a hope chest filled with childhood mementoes and I loved digging them out and sharing them with Josiah.


Us three played my Winnie the Pooh memory game from when I was a little girl several times!

Off for Burgerville one final time!


This time, the whole family came. I didn't get a picture of them all though.


We weren't exactly feeling too happy at this moment. *winks* Time was ticking too fast.

We spent the rest of the evening watching "Bolt" with my family. *smiles*

At the airport!


*tears*


It was far harder saying goodbye this time. I did not like it. Come back soon, okay?

10 comments:

  1. That was a very enjoyable day... I loved having all of my kids with me ..plus one ;) Such a cute picture of you two in the Ape Caves <3 AND watching you two say goodbye was NOT fun AT ALL! Praying we can spend time with Josiah again real soon! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED having him here! It was SO much fun! I miss him so much! ALL the pictures of you and Josiah are SO cute!! YES he needs to come back soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW. <3 That all looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so sweet. <3 <3 <3 I have nothing else to say because they just stole my heart. xx

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so fun :D Love all the pictures!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Sigh" So dreamy! Josiah and you are so cute! Love!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun and yes goodbyes are hard! So, what did he think of the ocean, and west coast coffee, and Burgerville?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He see's why we don't really swim in the pacific, he loved Arrowhead and Red Leaf coffee (the rest was weak for him LOL), and he loved Burgerville!

      Delete