Tuesday, October 2, 2018

september // photo dump

I love to write, I love to read, but aside from that I like to go back to the mountains. I like to spend time reading wild country. Mountains or desert. 

There's corruption. There's crimes. There's all these things in the cities and all this turbulence and all this confusion and everything. You come back into the mountains. You can walk out there alone. And there is a great stillness around you. You can look out across great distances. Far distant peaks of mountains and clouds and everything and suddenly it smooths out all the wrinkles. You're at peace with the world. It gives you something. Refreshes your whole spirit. Makes you stronger. Makes you a better person. 

I like to go back to the mountains. 

- Louis L'Amour


With every word, Louis L'Amour can describe exactly how I feel. How I ache for the mountains and how I long to go back again. To feel that wind on my cheeks and to "breathe that mountain air". It truly does smooth out the wrinkles. It truly does refresh your soul. 


Yet another month has come to a close. Can you believe it? Already we are nearing the end of a year. (don't panic yet! We still have October, November, and December to get through)

Some  H I G H L I G H T S  from this month:

- my Grandpa, step-Grandma, and aunt flew here for a visit. We spent money lovely days with Grandpa&Sue and a fun breakfast date along with my aunt!

- we rejoiced that the summer heat drifted away. Cool crisp air took its place. 

- we remembered 9/11 
"never forget"

- Sunday outing with family.

- we celebrated our "one year since we became engaged". 

- hung out with an old friend and met her baby girl! 

- seen my Kirsten Jean!

- attended a cousins wedding. 

Now time for a photo dump!

E N J O Y

I bought my first home decor! Beautiful autumn colors.

Auntie Kristi

It was honestly pretty emotional for me to be with my auntie again. It had been nearly eleven years since I had seen her, until we both flew home for our family reunion in August. She is a link to my childhood and a life that has gone by.

I have been doing some experimenting lately with family recipes and converting them to sugar and gluten free. Some haven't been to bad. These are my attempt at Peanut Butter Cookies

Baked sugar cookies for my in-laws



Finally got our wedding photo printed!
Sunday outing with family.






Visiting the hubby while he printed shirts. I even helped a little *flexes muscles*


Meeting my dear friends baby girl, Audra

Shopping! I hadn't had a "girls day" in months. It felt good.



Our "one year since engagement" outing through the woods!





I love you.


Josiah build us a new cabinet and we painted our light fixture and bought new bulbs. I am happy! The light used to be a ugly silver with huge white round bulbs



just because he is to cute on Sunday mornings.


date night!
We stayed up late one night and build this sign as a wedding gift.

great-uncle and cousin




Kirsten Jean. Don't worry, its a cigar.


How was your September?



12 comments:

  1. Oh!! I LOVED this!!

    Does Audra every stop smiling? She's adorable! *dies*

    I miss you sister, I love to see pictures of your life. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, hardly! All you have to do is look at her and say "hi!" and she bursts into grins *laughs*

      I miss you too! I am glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  2. please excuse me while I go cry.

    wish I could've gone to DaNita's wedding!

    also, I miss you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't cry, crazy person.

      wish you could have too.

      back at ya.

      Delete
  3. That last picture is so pretty!! And the one of your rings... And the one of you wrapped in a blanket with tea...

    September looks like it was a busy month full of visits from family and friends! I'm so glad you got to have all those visits! *Huge grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear! Josiah took that last one :)

      It was busy! I didn't realize it until I sat down to do this post. *laughs* it was very nice though.

      Delete
  4. Love that last picture! So beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Josiah took it *smiles* He is actually quite good with taking photos.

      Delete
  5. I love weddings! So beautiful! You have such nice pictures! ~ Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so why did that picture of you visiting Kristi make me want to cry?

    Also, as I was scrolling through these pictures, it really hit me that you are married... that you're a WIFE. It really was a surprising revelation.

    I really wish we could have made it for the wedding <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps because she's the auntie from our childhood? *laughs* I wanted to cry just sitting there with her.

      Thank I am. <33333

      Me too.

      Delete