Thursday, September 22, 2016

First Day of Autumn

 
 
Autumn is here! How excited I am for my favorite season to officially be sweeping through the air. On the way home from work yesterday, after a slightly terrifying first half drive of hail, the sky cleared and turned blue. Fluffy white clouds flitted by and the sun was shining softly. The air was cool and crisp.
As I drove, golden leaves floated from the trees and twirled along the road as the passing vehicles spread them through the air. I'll admit I smiled to myself and thanked the Lord for this beautiful home of mine.

I love autumn for many reasons:
It's cold. I love the cold air. There is something about breathing it in that clears the lungs, making them feel fresh and clean.
I get to wear my boots and sweaters! I am not a flip-flop and shorts type person. I prefer those big fluffy sweaters all comfy and warm.
I love the fire crackling, coffee in hand.
Pumpkin scents and flickering candles.
Pitter patter of rain and fresh baked bread.

What do you love the most about Autumn?

6 comments:

  1. I love the cool, crisp air, fire crackling, spice smells and candles burning. Fall makes the house feel so cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything and anything about fall!
    My birthday for one thing! ;P
    All the fall colors and flavors. Pumpkin, apple, caramel, spices... ah! =D
    And Thanksgiving!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIKE THE WARM DAYS WITH THAT COOL EDGE TO THEM ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is such a cozy time! I have to admit that when I realized it was raining one morning I couldn't help, but to be excited. Ahhhh...Fall is here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crisp air.. the colors of New England. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Mindy said and the colors!!Since moving to the "Dry side" I love fall. There it meant the return of rain. ;)

    ReplyDelete