Thursday, September 8, 2016

"Tell Everybody I'm On My Way"



"Tell everybody I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
With blue skies ahead yes
I'm on my way
And there's nowhere else
that I'd rather be
Tell everybody I'm on my way
 And I'm loving every step I take
With the sun beating down yes
I'm on my way
And I can't keep this smile off my face
'Cause there's nothing like seeing
each other again
No matter what the distance between
 And the stories that we tell
will make you smile
Oh it really lifts my heart"
- Phil Collins

The night before we were to fly out, I was starting to have second thoughts. I couldn’t believe I was actually going to be leaving home for vacation, without my parents, and flying 3,000 miles away. What would I do out there, all alone? Who would I hang out with? Would I be bored? Feel awkward? All those last minute thoughts that rush through your mind.

I told myself to relax.

Some people relax by reading. Others, listening to music. For some, writing in your journal.

For me, it’s watching a sentimental movie. Something that has been in my life for, well, forever. So that night I popped in “The Andy Griffith Show” and let Barney ease my worries!
After that, the Cartwright’s took their turn. Then, finally, off to bed I went.

My alarm was set for 2:30 a.m. I stumbled out of bed, hopped in the shower, and then quickly got myself ready. My suitcase was packed and only needed last minute throwing in before zipping shut and loading up.

Me, cousin Shiloh, and my parents left the house by 3:15 and were on the road to the airport. The roads were empty and the streets lit with lights. I watched all the familiar sites go by and wondered what I would be thinking and how I would feel when I came home.

I felt calm as we walked through security and for that I am thankful! I was not near as nervous about flying as I thought I would be.

Shiloh was flying with three blocks of Tillmook Cheddar Cheese and the scanners didn’t really like that. His bag was searched but after just a few moments delay, we were through. I waved goodbye and we took off to find our gate.

Once we found our gate, and I double checked several times the screen said the correct location, I went off to buy us some breakfast.


The flight went well, though it was very long! Right at the end I started to feel a little panicky and wanted to just get back on the ground! Finally after what felt like eternity, we landed!
We got off the plane, found a screen, gate number, and started to follow signs. I felt nervous when I realized the signs were telling us to take the tram. I wasn't sure how to do that! First time for everything! But it was easy and we found our way to next flight.

Waiting on bus/tram


 The next flight was only 25 minutes! But we didn't take off for almost 45 minutes, and then couldn't unload once we landed again for awhile. Something with the breaks had broke. The plane was small and it felt hard when we landed. And that loud squeaking! I don't know why but that time I felt extra nervous with landing (that's the worse part for me about flying) so I was praying the whole way down!

Grandma and great-Uncle Peter came and picked us up. I was so tired! I felt like I was floating. We got to Grandma's, ate some supper, and I collapsed into bed. Which, I have to admit, I was so excited to sleep in. A bed! A real bed!

I slept until after 10:00 that morning! But I knew the time change had messed me all up, and it felt good. I was on vacation, right?

Auntie Mary came and I met the twins. I fell completely in love in seconds. Those big brown eyes stole my heart and I don't think I will ever get it back. *sniff*


They were not sure what to think of me at first and sat frozen, staring wide eyed at this strange cousin of theirs.
It didn't take long though and I was able to snuggle them close! Cormick is more out going so he was the first one I held. While sipping my coffee and watching the scenery outside. That's the way life is supposed to be. *contented sigh*





The first week was spent with Mary and the boys. Playing with the twins, visiting my Auntie and Grandma, and just sitting back and relaxing. On Saturday, when Grandpa was home from trucking, we all went to "Clark's Trading Post" for the day. That is another post in its self! *stay tuned*.
I had been tired and worked up at home, which is why I decided I needed a trip to see some special people. Turns out, it was exactly what I needed! I felt so refreshed. I baked, helped around the house, and even went to the school and helped Grandma do some cleaning.

Great-Grandma (she is so cute!) and Great-Aunt Darlene

Just a quiet relaxing night

Cleaning the school!

Snuggles with a sleepy-eyed Callen

He usually is always on the go! But had just woken up
so I was able to get a little bit of quiet time in.

Mr. Cormick always is cheesing for the camera!



Double trouble! But those faces though <3


This Mama has got her hands full! But she does an awesome job!
In my opinion anyways *wink*

After I had been there almost a week, Kirsten Jean flew in with Danielle!
She came bursting into the house at 8:30 in the morning (after flying all night)
did a little jig, and then crashed onto the couch!

It was funny. When I got up in the morning, Grandma came out of her room. "Is Kirsten here yet?"
"I don't know? I haven't seen her?"
Then the door literally flew open, crashing against the wall, and in stumbles Kirsten.
"Oh, Kirsten is here!" said Grandma, to which she replied
"Of course. Who else would it be?"

This kid though!

Look at that little grin!

One night, just me and Kirsten ended up being home, so we relaxed with ice cream!

DaNita, Danielle, and Kirsten
on a walk to the library

Kirsten and Cormick!

Grandpa, Breein, and Rowan

Kirsten entertaining the babies! Cormick loved her!

Callen Lyle

Cormick Edwin

There you are! Some pictures from my trip! I'll be posting about Clark's Trading Post and New York City hopefully soon!

8 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you went!!! It has been a growing experience for all of us ;) But now you make me lonesome...I wanna go see all our NH family :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you're home! ;) But I am also very glad you got to go and have such a wonderful time... Makes me want to fly out there and visit my people! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very blessed time! :) Those little boys are so cute! Makes me want to hold them again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NH was always a relaxing place for me! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those babies are cuties! I haven't been to NH since I was 5...don't remember much... :) so looking at these seem almost foreign... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeee!!!! I SO want to GO!!!! Ahhhh!!!!
    I want the twins!!! (I think I can tell which name goes with which face, now ;P)
    I can't wait to see the next posts!!! =D
    I love my NH family!!!!! =P Eeeee!!!!
    *passes out from squealing so much* ;P

    ReplyDelete