Tuesday, March 14, 2017

How's The World Treating You? // Update


My world has been going, going, going. I never knew there were so little hours in a single day. It seems I am just barely opening my eyes to the morn, when it's time to once again crawl back in.

How did you handle the time change this past Sunday? It wore me out! Sunday morning I slept a whole hour past my alarm.
*blush*
My body thought it was the correct time, but the world didn't think so. I booked it out of that bed like my hair was on fire!
Despite that, we made it to church on time.
*pats self on back*
 
I'll be right beside you.
No matter where you travel.
I'll be there to cheer you 'till the sun comes shining through.
And if we're ever parted I will keep the tie that binds us,
and I'll never let it break 'cause I love you.
Johnny and June

I've been on a "Johnny and June" craze. Can you tell?

I have started another babysitting job that I will have until June. On Thursday I met the kids and Mama. Played with the kiddos for awhile and got them used to me.
Friday morning I babysat for the first time. As the kids are shy, I was nervous and not sure how they would react when they awoke after their nap to find me, not Mama. But, to my happy surprise, they did very well! No crying. No fighting.
They are the cutest things I have ever seen! A boy almost three, and girl almost two.
I am looking forward to a small amount of more income, and getting to know the little ones better.

Mollie's family took sick last week, so I did not end up working. But, I am back at it this week.
I have said it before, but I am so very thankful for Mollie having me come help her out. I enjoy it very much! It's so hard to believe its been four and a half years since I started going there.
I was just a young, round faced, sixteen year old girl. I am now nearing my twenty-first birthday.
Recently the girls dug out old Christmas cards and found photo's of me when I first started coming.

"Wow. You look so different."

It's amazing how much your appearance can change from sixteen. Of course, I also have had work done on my teeth which changed the structure of my face. So, I got a double dose of "changing"!

Speaking of teeth, I am now in the end stage of my work! My last appointment I was told I could have the braces off anytime in May-June. Just two-three more months! And I am done!
Friday I go back in to have the wires changed, and possibly the color of them too.
I am now used to the braces, and no longer cut my lips or cheeks, but still don't feel very attractive. I look in the mirror and see some strange nerdy girl.
Soon!
I am nervous but excited to see the end results of all this work!

Life for me has been scary, but exciting, recently with many different changes coming my way. Every day is a new adventure and filled with questions.
 "What will happen today?"
A year ago I was another person. Full of discontentment and frustration.
Today I am the happiest I have ever been.
Though those days were hard, I thank God daily for them.
For, if I had not lived through those days, I would not be where I am today.
 
How's the world treating you?

16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are almost done with all that work with your teeth!! :D

    Yes, the world is ever so busy.

    It was fun to read an update by you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! I remember thinking "I'll never make it." When I first got the appliance. But a year just zoomed by! Actually, it's been a year and (almost) 3 months.
      I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. YAY! I am also excited to see the end results of your teeth :):) .... and can you believe it?!, this post made me tear up :D I am so happy to hear how you are doing!! :):) <3 <3 I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops. Didn't mean to make you tear up, Mother. ;)
      I love you too!

      Delete
  3. Another great post by one of my favorite cousins;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And another sweet comment from one of my favorite cousins ;)

      Delete
  4. Love reading this! You are a beautiful young woman, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like nerdy girls, lol
    😉 And I'm glad you're joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED this! I cant wait till your done with your teeth! <3

    ReplyDelete