Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Unique Blogger Award // T A G


I was tagged by a dear friend for the Unique Blogger award. You can read Shantelle's over at Between the Pages of this Bookish Life. Thank you for thinking of me!

Q U E S T I O N S

1. What are you passionate about? Tell us all about it! 

Are you sure you're ready for this? *laughs* 
My mother is passionate about many things, and I suppose some of her passions, or her strength in what she believes, was passed down to me. 
I am passionate about the Biblical roll of a wife. As well as the Biblical roll of a mother. A woman. What God created us for and what we were intended to do. 

Homeschooling. 
Modesty. 
American History.
Healthy eating habits. 

2. What is one of the best books, novel or nonfiction, that you've read in your lifetime? What is it you love about it? 

Heidi by Johanna Spyri. 
It was been so long since I read the unabridged and original Heidi but I still remember the warmth I felt as I did. It was such a sweet, simple story. Filled with lessons, heart felt emotions, and beautiful spiritual encouragement. It will always be one of my favorites.
No one seems to be able to write like that any more. Raw. Simple. Truth.


2. What is your favorite holiday? Why? 


Christmas. Always and forever, Christmas. 
As a little girl, the coming of Christmas was so exciting. The cold weather rolling in, with the occasional snow flurry. Oh the excitement you'd feel when you'd awaken to white tree tops. I'd hurry out of bed, awaken my sisters and we'd slip in to our house coats and slippers. Hurrying out doors to catch snow flakes on our tongues. 
Christmas songs sang through the rooms and Mother's baking filled the air. Christmas cookies to decorate and bowls of chocolate to lick. Lights, stockings, presents under the tree. 
Family gathering at Grandpa and Grandma's. Fire's in the stove and squeals of delight as Grandma poured out the Christmas candy. Ham, potatoes, and gravy galore. 
Gathering into one big room, Grandpa pulled out the Bible and gently read the Christmas story. 

 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
Luke 2:7 

Everything felt safe and warm. Christmas will forever hold the fondest memories of my childhood. The smell of pine, Grandma's twinkling eyes, and the taste of candy canes. 


7 comments:

  1. I loved this!!
    You were so cute as a kid! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you made me so lonely for those good old days ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great things to be passionate about, Felicity!! <33 So glad you did this tag! I enjoyed learning a little more about you. ^_^ Happy Christmas season, my friend! May God's sweet love surround you!

    ReplyDelete