Monday, November 12, 2018

sentimental words // N O V E M B E R



How many of you have seen the 1994 version of Louisa May Alcott's Little Women?
I absolutely loved that movie as a little girl. The music. The dresses. The songs. Everything.
One scene, even as a very young child, always without fail caused me to have a lump in my throat.

The scene where Jo says goodbye to Beth.

Beth - "If God wants me with Him there is none that will stop Him. I don't mind. I was never like the rest of you, making plans about the great things I'd do. I never saw myself as anything much. Not a great writer, like you."

Jo - "Oh Beth, I'm not a great writer."

Beth - "But you will be. Oh Jo, I've missed you so. Why does everyone want to go away? I love being home. But I don't like being left behind. Now I am the one going ahead. I am not afraid. I can be brave like you but I know I shall be homesick for you, even in Heaven."

Cue the music. Cue the tears.


1 comment: