Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Counting My Blessings

"When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done."
 

 Today I thought I'd write ten things I'm thankful for. We all sometimes need to be reminded that we do have many things wonderful in our lives! Counting them "one by one" is a good way to remember.
1. I am thankful for Jesus. For saving me from my sins. For being my ever constant guide. So many times I've felt so tired and alone, but He always reminds me that He is by me. Holding me up, and keeping me close.

2. I am thankful God blessed me with two caring and encouraging parents. Ones who understand and listen. Who show me everyday that they care. So many times I have gone to my Mom and complained about one thing or another. Grumbled about my complaints, worries, or fears, and she's calmed me down. Reminded me of things, and told me it'll be okay. God has a plan in all things!
My Daddy gives me the hugs I know I need, though sometimes I act as though I don't want them. I do! But for some reason I feel like I can't show that I need one..

3. I am thankful for sunshine! Though I don't feel like the rain makes me as depressed as it can make others, how I savor the sun! I'd prefer sun and cold, though. I love how the frost glitters in the morning on a cold day when the sky is blue and bright! I'd take a sunshiny day in February over a hot day in August any time!

4. I am so thankful for my cousins! Especially my younger ones. Oh, how they make my life a little bit brighter! Not having babies in the house, ours is sometimes quiet and dark. I look forward to the Saturdays we have my Auntie Clarissa's kids. I love to watch them play and act silly and have no cares about tomorrow. I love that they let me give them snuggles and make me laugh!
Every Sunday I look forward to seeing cousins Evelyn and Caleb. With their adorable smiles and sparkling blue eyes, how could life be dull?

5. I'm thankful for my home in the country! I'm not a town person, and though I know God would give me the strength if I did move to town, I'm so thankful that at this point in my life I don't have to!

6. I'm thankful for my siblings. Yes, we quarrel like any other brother or sister, but for the most part we get along! We can talk, laugh, wrestle, and poke fun at each other with a lot of love!

7. I am thankful for my two jobs.

8. I am thankful for my friends!

9. I am thankful God gave me the love for history. Now, wouldn't life be boring if I didn't enjoy learning about times in the past?

10. I am thankful for music! When your sad, afraid, lonely, happy, or upset, you can just pop in your favorite song!

How about you? What are you thankful for?


4 comments:

  1. It is good to count our many blessings! I too, need to be reminded to count my many blessings! I know one thing I am thankful for is a loving, caring, oldest daughter!! :) plus so many more wonderful blessings! I love you! Keep your eyes on Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this life will grow strangely dim!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we should all take time to count our blessings MORE often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to count our blessings. Then we are able to obey God's word when it says many times over, "be ye thankful unto him..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wonderful to stop and count our blessings! I'm glad my kids bring joy to your life! :)

    ReplyDelete