Monday, August 28, 2017

Camping // Photo Dump // I got lonely



Last weekend my family, Grandpa & Sue, and Marissa & Marita, and Kirsten Jean went camping in the mountains. Usually I would be all for roughing it. No internet. No running water. Not even an outhouse for miles. Just me and the mountains. But, this time, it was hard for me to go. I knew that my phone would not work very well up there, and it was hard for me to not be able to talk to Josiah. Super hard.


I feel so bad that I got so lonely up there, and wish I could have just relaxed! I really was grateful to be spending that special time with my family, and being out in the air I love so much. I just am a little crazy at this time. *wink*

We found a flat spot right in view of the mountain, and it truly was breathtaking. We spent two nights up in those mountains. The first day was spent setting up camp, played a little bit of a game, and then we headed off to bed. It was so cold! And I was so lonely.


The next day we took off hiking some trails Grandpa knows from his elk hunting trips. It was so neat to be out there, I have to admit! I loved it!


At the top there was some service and I was able to call Josiah and hear his voice for about five minutes before it quit out on me.


That night I found service right at camp and was able to talk to him on the phone for probably an hour! I wish I could have done that the first night because after that phone call I was way more relaxed!


I apologize family for being such a cry baby *shrugs* *wink* I truly did appreciate being with you all.


Here is a photo dump of the trip!


Filling the tires with air!

Ready to roll

On the road. First sight of Mt. Adams



There she is!


Setting up camp






Supper









Ready for our hike




Tiny but mighty. The sweetest strawberry you will ever taste are the wild ones!



Liberty stung her foot before we left and it was swollen and sore. Chancy carried her a lot of the way.

At the lookout!






Packing up


I would love to go back again someday! But maybe next time Josiah could come along? *wink*

13 comments:

  1. Your family, your Grandpa and Sue, Marissa and Marita. . Anyone missing?😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness!
      Hey, you pretty much are my family. I think of you as like a sister so I really didn't forget you! ;)

      I fixed it now though just so you feel better LOL

      Delete
    2. Haha, I feel like part of your family now anyway😜

      Delete
  2. who says my post is better? *laughs*
    And I didn't mind that you were lonely - If I had a boyfriend I would be too ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was SO fun!!!(besides fretting for you :p) I want to go back!!! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a BLAST! *grins*
    I REALLY want to go back next summer!
    LOVE every picture!!
    But Josiah will come with us next time... right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun and beautiful! Hoping to go with next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me wish I had gone...I'm glad you folks had a great time, though! (Even though you got lonely...)

    ReplyDelete