Wednesday, August 23, 2017

LIFE UPDATE // Hiking // New Hair // Beach Trip // Guess where I'm going

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and to have courage when things go wrong."
- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Sometimes we all just need a little bit of "Laura wisdom" so, there is a small dose for you today.


Hello, blog friends! I felt it had been awhile since I had done a life update post so, here comes one!

Many things have been happening to me in the recent weeks. I have gone through a lot emotionally and spiritually. I am growing, learning, and coming to a place of peace. But, not without many moments of tears and fear. I am thankful for those hard moments for they make me stronger. I love knowing that my Savior is by my side, and will never ever leave me. Knowing that I can turn to Him at any moment and drop my troubles at His feet. Isn't that something amazing?

I have recently gone on a few "adventures" and am also still working once a week at Mollie's. The rest of my days are spent FaceTiming Josiah. *blush* Yes, ask my family, we FaceTime a lot.
It is not unusual to see him sitting on the table, during our family meal times.
I love our long deep talks, as well as our fun ones! There is something special about having someone you can share everything with. *smiles* Ok. Enough of that. *wink*

You may be wondering how my teeth are coming? I won't even hint I am nearing the end because I have now decided I shall never get these braces off. *wink* When they were first mentioned, I was told 3-4 months with them. Then 4-6. "They will be off in time for summer."
It has now been 8 months and I don't feel they will be off any time soon. It was frustrating before, but I have now come to the place where I no longer am waiting for them to come off. They'll come off, someday. But I have no idea when. You are stuck with my metal smile for a bit longer guys!

One of the adventures I went on was a day of hiking with the sisters and cousins. Kirsten was down for the weekend so of course, we had to do something. It was so hot and dusty, but also so fun! I love getting out in nature, especially with special people.

This girl can't seem to stay out of the trees.

Ready to head up!





Sometimes I am amazed at how big this world is. And our God is even bigger!





Soaking their feet in the creek!
Something else happened guys. I cut my hair!

Before

After
I have not gone this short since I was twelve years old, so it took some getting used to. I am still getting used to it! But I do really like it. It feels so much healthier and easier to take care of. My hair has never been very healthy, and has never looked very good long. Josiah wanted me to try going short, so I did!


What do you think?

One Saturday, the gang wanted to head to the beach. So we loaded up and did just that! The weather was sunny on the way there, but if you know the Pacific Ocean, warmth is not a common thing. We eventually left the beach just as the rain clouds rolled up. Still, it was fun!
Except One: I missed Josiah. Two: I got carsick.
I never get carsick, or, almost never. But that day I did! And I was so miserable the entire day. It was quite strange actually. But take those out, and it was a nice day. The best part though was coming home, putting on pajama's, and talking to my boyfriend. *blush*

Noelle just enjoying a lemon.

These girls! <3

Auntie Riss <3

The river

On the way to the beach we stopped at the column in Astoria. That was probably my favorite part!

It is always so terrifying to climb those stairs, but so fun at the same time! That view.

The great Columbia River. That's Washington on the other side! I was standing in Oregon.


That smile. My heart.




I just had to do it.
J + F
<3



Supper at our usual stop! And I had my usual clam chowder with a roll. Yum.

Part of the gang!
Guess where I am going, guys? In 16 days?

NEW HAMPSHIRE!

I will be gone for four weeks. I am so excited!
I know, a lot of people probably are thinking: already? You just seen him. And you were just there in June.
I miss Josiah so bad and am counting down the seconds (literally) until we are together again. No one ever told me how hard it is to be separated from someone so special to you. I mean, I knew it was hard, but now I know just how hard!
We have been separated for 41 days now. It feels like 41 years. By the time we are together again we will have been apart for 57 days.
Still, I am thankful for these days because we have grown so close during them, and have come to know each other much deeper. I love it.
But, it's time we were together again.

16 days, and I'll be on a jet plane.


14 comments:

  1. lovely post!! I really like your hair :) and I am going to miss you when you are gone :/ tho I am happy you will get to be with Josiah :):) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! I think your hair is beautiful!
    I am going to miss you while you're gone!
    But have a TON of fun with Josiah, and tell him to come back soon! <3 We all miss him too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hiking looks soo fun!!! You girls are all beautiful. Sweet photos. :)
    I am so excited that you get to go visit Josiah! Four weeks will be rad. Take lots of photos! :D
    Your hair looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Josiah was right about cutting it short!! It looks SO CUTE. <3 <3 <3 <3
    Beaches are always fun. :D
    Loved all the photos. You're a pretty awesome girl Felicity. xx

    Sophy of SophysLighthouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun!
      I am sure I will take way too many photos *laughs*
      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed all the pictures! The beach was a blast! So Happy for you Fel! But gonna miss you! Already do lol 😛💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss you too.. sorry I am not around much these days *hides face*

      Delete
  5. I wish I was going to NH with you! You've better kiss those twins 12 thousand times for me! <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sure I will! I'll send you lots of photos *wink*

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed your post like always! Your hair looks pretty and I know that feeling of missing someone! But hey, look at us now, over 21 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Auntie :)
      True! It is nice knowing that! :D

      Delete
  7. I am going to miss you! But enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D YAY! So glad you'll be seeing him again soon

    ReplyDelete