Tuesday, May 8, 2018

we are broken, we are bruised // thank Him

ok, folks. What is happening to us? What is happening to this world around me? When did we forget about thanking God for today, and instead cry for tomorrow? Why do we look back at everything we have lost and everything we have never had? Instead of breathing in a breath of thankfulness for today. For the blessings that we do have.

I know, I know. Perhaps life seems to throw you sour lemons. Perhaps you feel as though your life is far harder than anyone else. That God has abandoned you. He has forgotten what your needs are, and left you in the cold.
Perhaps, dear friends, it is you who has forgotten God.

Think of those in the past who suffered so much.
 John Newton.
Corrie Ten Boom.
Elizabeth Elliot.

They witnessed horrors far worse than we can imagine. Lost loved ones to the hands of another. Did unspeakable wrong.
And yet, every one of them fell to their knees and thanked the Lord above.

 I don't want to sound like I have it all figured out because, believe me, I don't. But through hard days, weeks of sadness, and years of fear, I have learned one thing.

GOD KNOWS BEST.


You might think,
"I have heard this every single day of my life. And it hasn't changed a thing. I still don't have what I want. I still lost too much. I still hurt." 

Do you know what? Life is pain. Life is hurt. Life is sorrow.

But, God is love. 
God is compassion.
God is forgiveness. 
God is healing.

Some days I feel so discouraged. I look around me and all I see is suffering. Depression and anxiety are on a rampage, devouring anyone they can touch. People turn to counseling, pills, and bed.
Whatever happened to, "Jesus paid it all"? Whatever happened to, "it is well with my soul".
Whatever happened to simply letting Jesus take our hand?

Yes, life is difficult, but we should be able to look past that. We should be able to lift our heads and say,
"Yes. I am broken. I am bruised. But, I am saved."
No, it is not always easy to do. For I know from experience, much is easier said than done. But that's our fault, not God's. Faith is simple.

JUST SIMPLY HAVE FAITH. 

Let God control your life. For, as you know, when you try to control it all you get is pain.
Faith comes by hearing. Hearing the word of God. Being around those who will encourage you. Not those who will make you feel worse than you already do. And do you know what? Sometimes, that person is you.
We are our harshest judge and the one we will never impress. We will always find flaws.

I heard a country singer speaking about her faith the other day. How she went through a hard time, and tried desperately to conceal it. Then she was given this advice.

"Let them see the brokenness. Let them see the cracks in your armour. That's how the light gets out." 

We are broken. We are bruised. But we are saved.
Tell the world that. Show them that, despite all of our hardships, despite all of our hurt, Jesus has washed our sins away, and we have a home in glory.

Don't try to be strong. Admit that you are weak. Admit it to yourself, and let Jesus carry the burden.
For that is how we show others the love of Christ. Showing them that we are not perfect, but our Savior is.


I'm standing in my Savior's shadow 
He is watching over me 
I feel the rain, I hear the thunder
As He cries for me

I'm standing in my Savior's shadow
Grace will lead to where I'm free
I take His hand, we walk together
And His light shines on me 

Though the devil tries to break me 
My sweet Jesus' won't forsake me
When I'm in my Savior's shadow
Where I'm suppose to be 

I'm standing in my Savior's shadow
Following His footsteps there
Every mountain, every ocean
He hears my every prayer
- Blake Shelton

God knows what we need. He truly does. And He provides it every single day. It's time we remembered that. It's time we stopped wondering why we are where we are, and simply thank Him.

Thank you for each breath in my lungs.
Thank you that I can walk and run.
Thank you that I can laugh.
Thank you that I can cry.
Thank you for always being right beside me. No matter how hard I try to push You away.

We are broken, we are bruised, but we are saved.

Thank Him.


13 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you're writing directly to me!

    Thank you for the reminder!

    I am broken. I am bruised. But Jesus saved me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a reminder for myself as well! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow! Amen! Thank you for the reminder! Love you girlie! God is good.always! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I rejoice when I hear these kinds of messages from my kinfolk! May God continue to shower His blessings upon all of us as we journey toward our heavenly home! This world, this world is NOT my home! Enjoy each moment that God has given us.... we are in His keeping! Praise God!
    Papa Jon

    ReplyDelete