Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 and Braces

Happy 2017  blog world!

It is hard to believe that 2016 is gone and a new year has begun. I'm telling you, the older you get, the faster a hour goes by.

On December 21st, I had my braces put on. That was one uncomfortable hour. But! I survived it.
The first week was the hardest. My jaw hurt and my bottom teeth ached. I couldn't even chew a tiny piece of bread. *cringe* My meals (which I dreaded) consisted of mashed potatoes and canned soup.
When I'm hungry, life is tough. And I was h-u-n-g-r-y.
Still, I reminded myself (and my family reminded me) that "this too shall pass", and "just one more day" would ease the pain even more.
It has been almost three weeks and I can once again chew! Nothing hard or crunchy (I miss my chips!) but I can eat my salad and eggs again! *happy dance*
I do have a problem with cutting my lips on the wire while I sleep. At the moment the inside of my lip is hot and burns. I've been putting salt water on them though, covering the wire in wax, and they are healing!
Slowly but surely.

Slowly but surely.

18 comments:

  1. That picture is soooo cute!!! *dies because I have a gorgeous sister*

    ReplyDelete
  2. what she said ^ except you're not my sister LOL! But still :P I sure hope you didn't miss out too much on the christmas treats??..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Oh, I couldn't enjoy them like usual, and some I had to skip out on. But! It was still a lovely Christmas just the same <3

      Delete
  3. Beautiful picture!! It will be so worth it when it is all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it'll be so worth it once it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! Your teeth look better already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture! Glad you are adjusting to the braces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you were going to be getting braces soon, but I didn't know you got them already! Wow! I'm behind the times. ;) And yes, that picture is very pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Yeah I got them quite a bit ago! :)
      Thank you my dear <3

      Delete
  8. You are so gorgeous! *gasps and stares at own reflection in disgust* ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I can relate! When I put on braces it was also hard to me to eat. So what I did is go on a juice diet. It was great. I juiced fruits and vegetables and you know, all those types of things. Not to mention all the weight I managed to lose! But when I got used to eating again, all those pounds came back!

    ReplyDelete