Monday, January 30, 2017

A Hike and a View


Last Sunday I checked the 7-Day Forecast and seen the following Saturday was to be sunny.

"Let's go hiking!"

I love hiking and getting into the hills, and don't do it near often enough. Most of the time it is me that "get's the ball rolling" gathering and asking if people want to go. Not very often does it happen.
But this Saturday, we went!

The cousins were out of town so they were not able to join. But, we still had a large group of us. My entire family, Grandpa, two Aunts, and four married cousins. And don't forget sweet Baby Noelle!

For me, I hike to just be out in nature. To breathe and be still. Emotionally, not physically. *wink*
Not everyone could make it to the "top", and I don't blame them! If you are not used to it, it can be quite the climb.
Even my own legs are upset with me! Which I just say means we need to go more often! This trail is nearby and I think I would be comfortable going with just a few of us even. Maybe we'll have to do that.


The Bridge on the main trail

The water was a pretty turquoise color.

Onto the trail we go!







Isn't it just beautiful? Worth every ache.

The mountain blended into the sky, but in real life she was much more clear!
This is just at a section of the trail. What we call "the top" is now over grown and you are unable to see anything!

"The mountains are calling, and I must go." - John Muir
Thank you all who joined me! It made my entire day.

Shall we go again? Say... tomorrow?

15 comments:

  1. hmm tomorrow? I think that might be cutting it close for me to get there BUT ILL TRY MY BEST

    *quickly stuffs bag full of random clothing items*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm! I suppose tomorrow is a little soon *wink*

      Perhaps another time?

      Delete
  2. My legs are still yelling at me for that.
    But I think I'll be more prepared next time. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still sore! ;P But I would love to go again! I had a wonderful time, it was AMAZING!! I'll go tomorrow. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed both the hike and blog post! <3

      Delete
  6. I still ache, but it was wonderful and worth it just to see that view! <3
    Let's do it again, but when I'm a little more prepared.
    Oh, yes, and HATE that photo you have of me. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED every second of that hike!!! I am ready to go again anytime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like it was so much fun. Glad that you enjoyed yourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete