Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Power of Prayer

Never underestimate the power of prayer.


So many times we struggle to get through a day. Nothing seems to be going right. We grumble and lash out. Maybe we'll shed a tear or two. But, how often do we stop for a moment? How often do we take a deep breath and breathe just one simple prayer?
"Lord, help me."

Prayer is important. Prayer is powerful.

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:22-24

"and shall not doubt in his heart"
Can you imagine having that much faith? No fear. No doubt. Believing with your entire being? Moving mountains.

I have personally gone through much growing and learning in these past few months. Many nights of prayer. Many moments of fear. It's been a scary and yet wonderful experience.
One thing important I have learned is: The power of prayer.
So many moments I felt as though the earth would crumble from below my very feet. I wanted to give up. I felt as though my world was spinning in all directions, yet I couldn't escape.
But each moment I was sure would be my last hope, I'd cry out "Lord, help me" and God would whisper gently:
trust Me. I have it all under control.
In My time.

And He does. Each time I heard those words, a peace would fill me. I believed it. God did have it under control, and no matter the outcome, I would be alright. Each time I would witness my prayers being answered. Each time I "gave up", a light would shine at the end of the road, shining a path for me to continue walking.

I believe, with all my heart, my life is in complete control. Nothing can go "wrong". Everything happens for a reason. Everything occurs to teach me something. Something I will need tomorrow. Each day I will grow for the next day, until my days are over.

Each day is a gift. Each day is an adventure. We must stop waiting for tomorrow. For it may never come. Embrace where God has you today. This is where you are meant to be.

God doesn't make mistakes.

Now, that doesn't mean we shouldn't dream. Shouldn't hope and plan.
But as my wise Mother always says,
"We plan. God decides."
Dream. Dream with everything in you. But also be open that God may have another story for you, and it is far more wonderful than any dream you could ever imagine.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:6-8
Pray when you wake in the morning. Pray when you walk on the road side. Pray before you sleep.
"let your requests be made known unto God."
Thank God for the little things. Thank Him for your trials. Give praise unto Him in everything you do.
Talk to Him, as a friend to friend. Let your heart be at peace, knowing He has your life in the palm of His hand. Let that give you hope and contentment. 

 There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
With the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all
And I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
- Garth Brooks
"The River"
Stop hanging onto that rope, praying for what may be to come. Fall into your Lord's arms, and let Him carry you down the path He has planned. 
In His Time.

16 comments:

  1. Ah, what a lovely post - and so powerful! Thanks for the reminder, Felicity! I needed it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you! You're welcome! I'm glad it could help you a little <3

      Delete
  2. Great post, Felicity. <3 I love the picture!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I just snapped that in our back yard *wink*

      Delete
  3. VERY encouraging post!!! Something I think a lot of us needed right now!! Isn't our God amazing?! Always providing what we need!!! Yes!! Prayer is amazing! I love you Kiddo! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you.... I can't say how much I needed to hear this. :)
    I have been hanging onto that rope for too long, and it's hard to let go, but with God's help, I will.
    It's a nice thought, to fall into His arms, and let Him carry me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Our God is amazing! Need this everyday....<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I needed this, too! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete