Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Tag of Happiness // Once Again


Anyone remember this tag? I thought being as it's been over a year, I would try it out again! Maybe see if my opinions have changed or not. *wink*

Some movies that make me happy:
-Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936)
-You Can't Take It With You (1936)
-Sergeant York (1941)
-Murder, He Says (1945)
-Disney's Cinderella (1950)
-Disney's Peter Pan (1953)
-Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier (1954-1955)
-Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (1955)
-Disney's Robin Hood (1973)
-The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
-The Shadow Riders (1982)
-Geronimo: An American Legend (1993)
-Father Knows Best (TV series)
-Andy Griffith Show (TV series)
-Dick Van Dyke Show (TV series)
-I Love Lucy (TV series)
-The Walton's (TV series)

Some books that make me happy:
-Heidi by Johanna Spyri

-Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

-The Anne of Green Gables Series by L.M. Montgomery

-The Grandma's Attic Series by Arleta Richardson

-The Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

-Pioneer Girl by Laura Ingalls Wilder

-Savings Graces: The Inspirational Writings of Laura Ingalls Wilder

-The Tales of Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne

-Davy Crockett's Own Story by David Crockett

-Jim Bridger: Mountain Man by Stanley Vestal

Some songs that make me happy:
-He, The Pearly Gates
He, the pearly gates will open so that I may enter in. For He purchased by redemption and forgave me all my sins.

-Amazing Grace
Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found. Was blind but now I see.

-Alone Yet Not Alone - Joni Earekson Tada
I'm alone yet not alone. God's the light that will guide me home. With His love and tenderness, leading through the wilderness. And wherever I may roam, I'm alone yet not alone.

-I Don't Know About Tomorrow - Alison Krauss
I don't know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day. I don't borrow from its sunshine for its skies may turn to gray. I don't worry ore the future for I know what Jesus said. And today I'll walk beside Him for He knows what lies ahead.

-A Living Prayer - Alison Krauss
In this world I walk alone with no place to call my home. But there's one who holds my hand, the rugged road through barren lands. The way is dark, the road is steep. But He's become my eyes to see. The strength to climb, my grieves to bear. The Saviour lives inside me there.
In Your love I find release. A haven from my unbelief. Take my life and let me be a living prayer, my God to Thee.

-Near The Cross - Alison Krauss
Jesus keep me near the cross, there a precious fountain. Free to all, a healing stream. Flows from Calvary's mountain. In the cross, in the cross, be my glory ever. Till my raptured soul shall find rest beyond the river.

-There Is A Reason - Alison Krauss
I've seen hard times and I've been told there isn't any wonder that I fall. Why do we suffer crossing off the years? There must be a reason for it all. I trusted in You, Jesus, to save me from my sins. Heaven is a place I call my home. But I keep getting caught up in this world I'm living in and Your voice it sometimes fades before I know.
Hurtin' brings my heart to you, crying with my needs. Depending on Your love to carry me. The love that shed His blood for all the world to see, this must be the reason for it all.

-One Day At A Time - Merle Haggard
I'm only human, I'm just a man. Help me to believe in what I can be and all that I am. Show me the stairway I have to climb. Lord for my sake, teach me to take, one day at a time.
One day at a time sweet Jesus. That's all I'm asking from You. Give me the strength to do every day what I have to do. Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus, and tomorrow may never mine. So for my sake, teach me to take one day at a time.

-Where We'll Never Grow Old - George Jones/Jim Reeves/ The Church Sisters
I have heard of land on a faraway strand. Tis a beautiful home of the soul. Built by Jesus on high where we never shall die. Tis a land where we'll never grow old.

-The Ballad of Davy Crockett - Fess Parker
Born on a mountain top in Tennessee, greenest state in the land of the free. Raised in the woods so he knew every tree. Kilt him a bar when he was only three. Davy, Davy Crockett, King of the wild frontier!
*blush* I can't help it. This song does make me happy

-Mother May I - Lynn and Liz Anderson
Mother, may I? May I marry? I found my love at last. Daughter, are you grown already? The years have gone too fast. Mother, may I? May I marry? I know our love is true. Listen, daughter, let me tell you what love should mean to you.
Love is patient, understanding. Love lets little faults go by unseen. If love is giving, not demanding, nothing big or small can come between.

-The Farmers Daughter - Merle Haggard
Tonight they'll be candle lights and roses in this little country chapel that's almost falling down. They'll be tears in this old farmer's eyes this evening when I give my one possession to that city boy from town. His hair is just a little longer than we're used to. But I guess I should find something else to say about this man whose won the farmers daughter and will soon become my son-in-law today.

-Daddy Frank - Merle Haggard
Daddy Frank played the guitar and the French harp. Sister played the ringing tambourine. Mama couldn't hear the pretty music but she read our lips and helped the family sing. That little band was all a part of living and our only means of living at the time. And it wasn't like no normal family combo because Daddy Frank, the guitar man, was blind.

-Mama's Hungry Eyes - Merle Haggard
A canvas covered cabin in a crowded labor camp stands out in this memory I revived. Cause my Daddy raised a family there with two hard working hands. Trying to feed my Mama's hungry eyes. He dreamed of something better and my Mama's faith was strong. And us kids were just too young to realize that another class of people put us somewhere just below. One more reason for my Mama's hungry eyes.
Mama never had the luxury she wanted. But it wasn't cause my Daddy didn't try. She only wanted things she really needed. One more reason for my Mama's hungry eyes.
*I've been on a Hagg craze lately

-From This Moment On - Shania Twain
From this moment life has begun. From this moment you are the one. Right beside you is where I belong from this moment on. From this moment I have been blessed. I live only for your happiness. And for your love I'd give my last breath from this moment on.
I give my hand to you with all my heart. I can't wait to live my life with you I can't wait to start. You and I will never be apart. My dreams came true because of you.

-The River - Garth Brooks
You know a dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows. And a dreamer is just a vessel that must follow where it goes. Trying to learn from what's behind you, and never know what's in store makes each day a constant battle just to stay between the shores.
But I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry. Like a bird upon the wind these waters are my sky. I'll never reach my destination if I never try so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry.

-Unanswered Prayers - Garth Brooks
Just the other night at a hometown football game, my wife and I ran into my old high school flame. As I introduced them the past came back to me. And I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be. She was the one I had wanted for all time. And each night I'd spend praying that God would make her mine. And if He'd only grant me this wish I'd wished back then, I'd never ask for anything again.
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers. Remember when you're talking to the Man upstairs. That just because He doesn't answer, doesn't mean He don't care. Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

Some foods that make me happy:
-Coffee
-Tea
-Apples and Cheese
-Pasty
-Salad
-V8
-Pepperoni Sticks
-Strawberry Banana Smoothie
-Iced Green Tea
-Mustard
-Chips and dip/salsa
-Steak
-Potatoes
-Soups

Some words that make me happy:
-Jesus
-Humble
-Simple
-Love
-Wonder
-Forgiven
-Still
-Silence
-Family
-Good morning
-Sweet dreams  

Other things that make me happy:
-Mountains
-Sunrises
-Sunsets
-Early mornings
-Hiking
-Crisp Fall days
-Music
-Sweaters
-Baby names
-Cleaning
-Babies
-The Ranch
-Puppies
-Four Wheeler rides
-Farmhouses
-Cooking

I think some of my likes have changed, but much is the same!

I tag:

Daminika at Walking in the Sonshine
Marita at When I Hear Music
LaKaysha at Calico and Lace

11 comments:

  1. Oooohhh!! I'm tagged. *happy dance while rubbing hands together*
    Can't wait to do it!
    And. I enjoyed this a whole bunch. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some of those songs at least:) and I think I've seen almost all the movies and shows:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the words that make you happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED! <3 you put, like, all the movies I would choose, so now what?! I'll really have to use my brain for this one. *groans because I hate using my little brain*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed all these posts you girls did:) Fun to see the different personalities coming through :)

    ReplyDelete