Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Q & A Tag

Hello, everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful Valentine's Day! 
Today I didn't do anything extra special. Just another day in this household. 
Shantelle at Between the Pages of this Bookish Life tagged me for the "Q & A Tag". Thank you so much for thinking of me! These kind of things can be fun.

*The Rules*
Thank the blogger who nominated you
Answer the questions you were given
Nominate other bloggers
Write out your ten questions
Let them know they've been tagged

1. Favorite book you've read this year?
Well, seeing as it is only the second month of the year, I'll give myself a little bit of hope. 
I have yet to read a single book this year. A sweet cousin of mine borrowed a book to me, knowing I love the "Heidi" stories. I am terribly sorry I haven't made it past the third chapter! 
I suppose I could say I am attempting to read: Heidi's Children by Charles Tritten.

2. A restaurant you love, and what do you usually order? 
Hm... my favorite restaurants would be a pretty close tie between three places:
Rocky's Pizza. 
Pepperoni Pizza/Taco Pizza and Root Beer or the Buffet.
Uncle D's.
A local family operated pizza place! I love their "Texan" and "Mediterranean Chicken". 
Burgerville.
Two original cheeseburgers and a regular fry. Or, if the Waffle Fries are in season, I get those! 

3. What is one movie/TV series that has impacted you? Why?
Well, my sister already did "Father Knows Best" and I probably would say the exact same thing as her? 
If I did another one it would be the film: Amazing Grace.
This story is so powerful and uplifting. It shows you that no matter how hard others may try and put you down, if you are doing what is right, you must stand strong. God will work it all out in the end. 
And no matter how great of a sinner you may feel you are, God's "amazing grace" abounds.
The character of John Newton is my favorite. I love when he says: 
"I once was blind but now I see. Didn't I write that too? Well, now at last it's true."


4. Do you prefer cold cereal or oatmeal?
Neither. *winks* 
I can't remember the last time I sat down to a bowl of cold cereal. If you know me, you know I am a "healthy gal" and avoid sugar or anything processed. I'm sure it would taste delicious, but I don't touch the stuff. 
As for oatmeal, I do eat it but I don't usually enjoy it so much. It isn't bad if you can put banana's and blueberries in it! 

5. Love being with people or would you rather be a loner?
A little of both I suppose. I love hanging out with friends, but I crave my quiet and alone time. 
I actually prefer one on one time with special people. When I am in a large crowd I tend to let my mind wander and become a not so exciting person. *winks*

6. A book cover you love?
I guess I am not really a person who cares about what a book cover looks like? Or, more like I am not a person who really thinks about it?
I guess the cover of "Warriors Path" I have always liked? When I was young I would stare at it for hours, imagining what the story must be inside.


7. What trait do you, personally, think is important for people to have?
I have to say: joy in all things. 
If we could have joy, even through the hard times, every one would be a lot more content. 
Another would be: a forgiving heart. If we were all quick to forgive, there wouldn't be so much heartache in this world. 

8. A favorite thing about blogging?
I guess my favorite part would be the fun of changing my backgrounds and appearance of the blog! 
As well as being able to share what my lips have a hard time expressing. 

9. What's one wish of your heart?
That wandering souls may have their hearts pricked and a realization of their desperate need for Jesus

10. Could you share three blessings (big or small) that have touched your day?
- a "Happy Valentine's Day" wish. 
- a yummy salad for lunch! (maybe it doesn't seem like much, but I eat a salad almost every day and it has been awhile without one!)
- a beautiful sunrise and sunshine throughout the day 


I tag Liberty at The Elegant Cowgirl

Questions:
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the evening?
2. What is your favorite song?
3. What is your favorite animal?
4. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
5. Who is your favorite book character?
6. What is your most memorable memory?
7. What one movie makes you cry?
8. If you could move anywhere, where would it be?
9. What one gift were you most excited to give someone?
10. Hot weather or cold weather?

May you all have a blessed day. Remember, always look to Jesus

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

14 comments:

  1. So glad you did this tag, Felicity! ^_^ I enjoyed reading it!

    Haha, yes, two months isn't a whole lot of time to already have had a favorite read! :D

    Yum! I had Burgerville's waffle fries once, and they were really good! I also love their sweet potato fries. I don't know ... I just fell in love with sweet potatoes after going on this really restricted diet. :)

    Ah, I need to watch "Amazing Grace" again! Yes, such an inspiring story!

    Good for you, being healthy! I usually try to stay away from sugar (besides honey and coconut sugar), but I've been eating it again, kind of being on vacation and all. I just had to splurge on some gluten-free cereal called "Cinnamon Heaven". ;P I agree that oatmeal's okay with fruit in it. Otherwise I have a hard time eating it!

    I can love crowds, depending. But yes, one-on-one time is a must. :)

    Yes. There's something about writing (blogging, journaling, penning a novel) that helps release all the emotions and stress, I suppose. It helps me get out my thoughts ... process what I'm going through ... etc. ^_^

    I love counting the little blessings! Once my mom had all of us write down a blessing each day for a month. It was SO neat. Helps keep you joyful and thankful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it!

      I know. I haven't been able to focus on reading lately! My mind just doesn't focus LOL

      I actually haven't ever gotten their sweet potato fries?! I think I got one inside my regular once and it was cold. *wink*

      I try to be healthy! Though I have been slacking lately *blush*
      Being on vacation (and holidays) are so hard to eat good on!

      It's good to count our blessings!

      Delete
  2. Love it all!! I need to check out that movie. It looks great! :)

    Sophie
    lavender & blue
    the inkpot girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Amazing Grace... <3
    It's such a great movie. I would have done it for my tag, but you stole it. ;)
    Another favorite line I like from it goes something like this:
    'My memory is fading, but there are two things I can remember clearly. I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great Savior.'
    Probably quoted it all wrong, but that's the jist of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture you have at the top! :) Haha! And that's perfectly alright that you haven't finished "Heidi's Children" yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! Because I really appreciate you giving it to me to read and wanting to share it with me!

      Delete