Saturday, February 10, 2018

A New Beginning

Have you ever sat down and began looking back at all you have gone through and where you have come from? 

Have you ever wondered where you were going and why you are here?

I have. 


My life has changed dramatically in the past year or so. It has been a roller coaster of laughter, fears, tears, questions, and answers.

Yet, through it all, one thing has stayed the same.

Joy. 

I have come to learn the true blessing it is to have "joy in all things".
All things.

Not just when things are going the way you want them to. Not just when a dream has come true. For you can have joy even when a dream has been crushed. A heart broken. When things don't seem to be going exactly how you want them too.

I had many dreams. Dreams of love and growth. I still do.
Perhaps they haven't turned out exactly how I had planned. I moved far away from home, from my family, to begin a life with my new husband.
And yet, this was God's plan from the beginning. It may seem new and strange to me, but God has had this worked out since before I was formed in my Mother's womb. He knew exactly what I needed and where I must go on my journey of life.
I find comfort in that. Knowing my life is in the hands of an Almighty God. Not my small hands that fail daily. I am ready to see where this road is going to take me, and I want to bring you along.

It's going to be a grand adventure.

My grand adventure.

10 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about where your new adventure takes you! ^___^

    By the way, I just did a little sneak peek of your wedding photos on my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your new name! Good choice! Miss you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new look, Felicity! And this is such a beautiful post!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog name and the header! :) Yes! Joy in all things! Because we have JESUS!

    ReplyDelete