Monday, February 12, 2018

building a home

home is the nicest word there is. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Having a home of my own has always been my biggest dream. A place that was all mine. A place I could make beautiful and feel welcoming. 
The time has now come for me to build my own home. Fill it with warmth and love, just as I have done in my mind all those years ago. 

I have been spending my days unpacking, organizing, and decorating. I will admit, it has been a lot of fun! 
Pieces of furniture help to add that warmth, but its the love of Jesus that can truly send off that heat that will stay with you, even when the air may be chilled. 
I pray that my home may have that ever lasting warmth of Jesus. Forever. 




 In the months following our engagement, Josiah found an apartment for us, and set about getting it ready. He spent countless hours there, with the help of family and friends, scrubbing, painting, and cleaning. 







 I absolutely love how everything is coming together! And each piece of furniture has a special place in my heart as much of it was handmade by special men in my life.





It is still a work in progress. The bedroom is not decorated at all, and we don't have any bedding. Thankful I had blankets I was able to bring with me! We did get some lovely sheets from my aunt though.




 As much as I miss my family, I love our little home. 

9 comments: