Monday, February 19, 2018

on top of the world // a much needed outing and a lonely, happy heart

If you know me, you know that I need my mountains.






Life is starting to settle down around here, which means I am growing restless.
Needful for my mountain air and sunshine.




I checked the weather forecast and found that Saturday was to be clear, dry, and crispy cold.
Perfect.

Time for some hiking.



We bundled up warmly, as it was barely over freezing in temperature, and took off into the morning sun.
I am not going to lie, I was giddy with excitement. I couldn't wait to breathe in that cold breeze.

Our initials Josiah carved when we first began dating.
The day he told me he wanted to marry me, someday.
Before reaching the top, we made a little stop on a special rock just off the trail. A rock I had not sat on since September 23, 2017. That was the night Josiah pulled out my beautiful ring and asked me to be his wife.




We reenacted the photo we took the night he proposed. Only this time, his hand could join mine.  

I skipped, slid, giggled, and climbed my way to the top of Kidder Mountain.





Getting out in God's creation, is the best therapy for me. Especially with my other half by my side.
Just simply being quiet. Letting my soul feed on the beauty around me. Thank my Jesus for saving my soul, and my God for bringing an amazing man to fill my arms.

We have been living in our "hundred acre woods" for sixteen days now. Sixteen.
Looking back, it feels as though I have been away from home for sixteen years. Yet, when I look into the blue eyes of my husband, it feels as though we whispered "I do" just yesterday.

Four weeks as a Mrs.
Josiah's Mrs.

What an amazing month it has been.

I am still learning how to take care of a home. Buy the groceries, and balance the money. At times it gets stressful and I wish I could give it to someone else to take care of. Then I remember this is the life God called me to. Created me for. I am to do my very best, and He will do the rest.

I feel the beginning of homesickness coming, though I am trying to keep my chin up for my husbands sake. As we spent much of our dating days here in New England, many spots are very dear to me. Yet, my heart longs for the presence of my loved ones, and the familiar places I grew up seeing.

I have begun a new chapter in my life. One that I can't wait to turn each page and see what happens next.
Yet, like those well worn, well loved stories cherished so long on your shelf, I love my own old story.

It is hard for a loved one to go away and leave you behind. But, please remember the one who has to do the leaving. They need prayers as well.


 
Through my ups and downs, Josiah has been my solid wall. The one I lean on every day. Without that man, I simply don't know if I could continue walking this road. The road of life.


 My heart is lonely, but...

my heart is happy.

9 comments:

  1. sounds lovely!!! photo 10 is so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well girlie! You made your mama cry! What’s new? 😝 anyways yeah it sure is bittersweet! I am so happy for you! So happy God brought you Josiah!! Yet I miss you so much!! And question why you have to live so far away?! No family nights, no Sunday visits... sigh! But we all must keep our eyes on Jesus and trust His will!! We all need time to adjust to our new normals.. God will be with us all and give strength! I love you kiddo and I am always praying for you ( and Josiah)❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that a lot don't I? Oops. LOL
      I know... its hard to understand at times isn't it? But yes, God knows best and He sees the big picture.
      Thank you for the prayers <3

      Delete
  3. Love you girly.. praying for the loneliness to not be too hard.

    ReplyDelete