Tuesday, February 13, 2018

if forever lasted longer // a valentine tribute

I first met my Valentine on August 27, 2016.
He never spoke a word to me that day, but he stole my heart forever.


Stalker photo I took that warm day in August.
That quiet young man with the gentle blue eyes didn't have to say anything. My heart connected with his and his with mine. It was as though I had found the missing piece to my crazy puzzle of life.


I had not yet completely realized what was happening, or that this person would change my world drastically.
A little over a week later, on September 6th, I seen this young man again. We were in a group of other young people, hiking in the dark. I did my best to avoid eye contact, or any form of contact all together. For some strange reason my stomach felt funny whenever he came near.


That evening we shared a smile and let me tell you, I felt lighting strike. It was the strangest thing. It nearly knocked me over and I whispered to myself "What just happened?" Little did I know.


I returned home from my vacation, where I had met him, and waited. For what, I didn't know. I just felt I was waiting for something.


And then, it happened. On September 14th, I received a Facebook message. Just a simple smiley face. Yet, that smiley face brought us to where we are today. I found out later that he had accidently sent the message, as he had not yet gotten the nerve to say hello. I guess God had other plans.


So began the countless hours of Facebook messaging. Then the SnapChatting.
The excited stomach and fluttery heart. Questions and wondering. Did he like me? Why was he talking to me? Where was this going?


After seven months of chatting, with little hints dropped here and there that perhaps we both wanted to be more than just friends, my Grandpa became ill and my sisters, myself, and two cousins decided to take a trip back to the east coast. Oh how terrified I was! Knowing I would be back in the same state as that blue eyed boy. What would he do? Would he like to see me?




I can't express in words how nervous I was.


We seen each other again, and this time we spoke, on May 9, 2017.


The two of us spent every day together. Hiking, driving, eating, talking, or watching movies. Oh the fun of those first awkward exciting times!


This was taken just a day after we first seen each other and talked for the first time.


On May 19th, we made it official.



This was our first official picture taken together on May 20th.

So began the long distance dating. My, how hard those days were.
Josiah flew to visit me in July. I flew to visit him in September.
We dated for four months. The distance was too hard and by then we knew it had been long enough.
We wanted to spend forever, together.





On Septmeber 23, 2017, seated below a beautiful sunset, Josiah asked me to be his. Forever.
I said, yes.




Again we were apart, and we began planning our lives together. I prepared for a wedding, while he began preparing our home. Again, those days were long and hard. Hours spent on FaceTime are nice, but nothing replaces the joy of being reunited in person once again.

We were married on January 20, 2018.






511 days had gone by since I had first seen a glimpse of that dimpled face.
511 days from "hello" to "I do".
What a crazy 511 days it was. The most exciting, scary, happy, crazy ride of my life.

We went through a lot, Josiah and I. This world isn't perfect. I'm not perfect. Josiah is not perfect.

But Jesus is.

Meeting Josiah has brought me so much closer to my Saviour, sometimes I could cry from amazement. He has been such an inspiration to me.

Josiah may not be perfect, but he is perfect for me.

He is gentle.
He is kind.
He is caring.
He is understanding.
He is patient.
He is giving.
He is encouraging.
He is forgiving.

And most important, he loves me exactly the way I am. With all my flaws, shortcomings, and failures, he still loves me. And he shows that love each day until I feel as though I don't deserve him. Someone as small as I, does not deserve to be blessed with someone so wonderful.

But I thank my Saviour that I am blessed.

Josiah is everything I could have ever wanted in a husband, and more. He always points me to Jesus, and reminds me how much we both need Him in our lives. Individually, and as a couple.
He holds me when I cry, and wipes my tears away.
He laughs when I get a little too crazy and dance around the kitchen while making supper.

Thank you babe, for all you do. For all the hard work you put in to providing me with love, home, and faith.

You are my Valentine. Today. Forever.

I love you, Josiah Karl.

I always will.



We're two imperfect people, perfect for each other. Lets continue to cling to one another, and Jesus. Lets walk through life together, and see what wonderful adventures await around the bend.

if forever lasted longer
than forever truly be
I'd want to spend forever
together you and me
- Felicity

10 comments:

  1. *melts into a puddle of awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 (this deserves even MORE hearts than the last post, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Tears! I love you both and thank God for your Josiah! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is precious!! So beautiful ... God's plans. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, wow..... I'm crying. I love you both so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE you guys so much! 💕💕

    ReplyDelete