Wednesday, June 28, 2017

blue sky tag

Quite awhile ago, a friend and fellow blogger tagged me for "The Blue Sky Tag". I was on vacation at the time and did not see it until just recently. I am sorry I took so long, Shantelle, but thank you so much for tagging me!


The Rules:
Thank the person who tagged you
Answer the 11 questions
Tag 11 people
Give them 11 questions

Questions:

1. What would you say is the hardest season that God has brought you through so far? Looking back, what did He teach you through that lesson?

I recently wrote about my personal "life changing" experience here on my blog. It happened about a year ago, and I came out, in my heart, a different person.
You can read the full story here.
It was a very dark time for me, personally, inside. I was full of fear and anger. My world was turning dark and I didn't know what to do, or where to go. So I fell to my knees and pleaded with God. Begging Him to help. Change my heart. Show me where to go. And He did.
I came through that trial more confident and content. I'm still human, but those cold feelings have vanished like the sun melting away the winter snow.



2. What is one book/verse from the Bible that has inspired you lately?
I have always loved the 23rd Psalm. It has always held a special place in my heart, but just recently it became near and dear to me. I was walking a hard road, but the Lord picked me up, and carried me through. He stored my soul.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalm 23

3. Do you prefer tea or coffee? And what kind? (black or with cream and sugar, herbal tea, lattes, etc.?)
This is a hard question.
I love my coffee, but I also love my tea! I am more of a coffee in the morning-tea at night kind of girl. Course, they both taste good in between those times, too. *wink*

For coffee, black with Truvia. No cream for me. Occasionally I will get a "special" coffee from a coffee shop and will have cream, but for the most part I like my home brewed black.
For tea my favorite flavor is "Honey Vanilla Chamomile" with Truvia. But I also like black teas, green teas, and other herbal teas. Usually I drink them all plain or with Truvia. Except black tea with cream is delicious!



4. What is one sermon/talk that you think every Christian should listen to?
Hmm... I am not one who listens to special sermons or talks. I love the old time sermons at church on Sunday mornings, especially when I feel as though God had them spoken specifically for me to hear.

5. What is one (or more) book you think every Christian should read?
Oh boy. Honestly, I can't think of any. I don't really read anything besides westerns and biographies these days. Can't say I believe those are a absolute must for Christians. *wink*
I like my King James. Nothing in this world beats those beautiful words.

6. What is your favorite way to relax and de-stress?
Watch a movie.
It's true, I love my movies in the evening. Curled on the couch in my pajama's, sipping tea, and being swept away into another world of no worries for one short hour. TV-Shows are usually my "go to". They are short, sweet, and fun. Favorites for me would be The Andy Griffith Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Father Knows Best, and I Love Lucy.

I also enjoy listening to music, sitting (or walking) outside in the fresh air, and baking/cooking.

7. Was there a time in your life that God answered a prayer in a really amazing way? (share the story!)
I have to say, it would be the same as the first question. I prayed for years and years to find "that special someone". Until I finally gave up and truly allowed God to control my life, it never happened.
Then out of nowhere, someone walked into my life that changed it forever. It has been far more beautiful than anything I ever created in my mind.

8. What is one childhood hobby that you wish you'd kept pursuing?
Childhood hobby? *wracks brain*
I remember collecting rocks. I don't think I care to start that hobby again.
I did start to teach myself to play the piano several years ago. It would have been nice if I had continued in it and could play as my sisters do.

9. What do you dislike most? Spiders or Snakes?
Both are disgusting, but I have to say snakes.

10. What is your favorite hymn?
He, The Pearly Gates
Shall We Gather At The River





11. What books do you really want to read this summer?
Uh... read? Who has time to read?! *sweat drips from forehead*
I do know I would like to be able to finish one book this summer!
"This Life I Live" by Rory Feek. It is the first book I have picked up in a long time that I actually have been able to thoroughly enjoy. I am over halfway finished so that's a plus! *pats self on back*


There is no way I can tag 11 people, sorry folks! So I'll tag 3.


I tag:
Marissa at Hidden Treasures
Daminika at Walking in the Sonshine
Liberty The Elegant Cowgirl


Your questions are:



1. Do you prefer tea or coffee? And what kind? (black or with cream and sugar, herbal tea, lattes, etc.)


2. What is one childhood hobby that you wish you'd kept pursuing?


3. What is one book/verse from the Bible that has inspired you lately?


4. What season of the year is your favorite, and why?


5. Favorite childhood memory 


6. What is your favorite way to relax and de-stress?



7. What quote/verse has inspired you the most, and why?


8. What would you say is the hardest season that God has brought you through so far? Looking back, what did He teach you through that lesson?


9. Where would you like to be in 10 years? 


10. What is your dream vacation?


11. Why did you begin blogging?

9 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed reading this! I'm glad you did it! ^_^ LOVE the picture of you at the top! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Daminika took it without my knowledge! LOL

      Delete
  2. Fun to read! :)
    And that picture of you looks like you could be at the ranch almost! Where was it taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I does, actually! But it was taken at Jen and Levi's :)

      Delete