Thursday, June 8, 2017

Once In A Lifetime


Hello, everyone!
Yes, I am alive and well. It's been quite some time since I have been on here, hasn't it? I apologize. My life has been crazy as of late.
As you all know, I made a trip across the country to visit my Dad's side of the family with my two sisters, and two cousins. It was an "once in a lifetime" vacation and I am beyond thankful for the opportunity.

A few months ago my Grandpa was having troubles with his heart, and ended up having several surgeries. Praise the Lord, he is doing much better! But, he can't work for awhile so Grandma thought it would be nice if he got some visitors. My parents flew there for a week, and then, a week later, us five girls also flew out.

Up at 2:30 am, we prepared ourselves for travel. Packing last minute items and taking one last look at the bedroom before softly closing the door. Wondering to myself:
"how will I feel when I return home?"


Without much hassle, or trouble, we safely made it through security. Tucking our feet into our shoes and shouldering our bags like we were headed for the biggest adventure, we took off for our gate.
Once we found it, and checked the signs to be sure it was the correct flight, we headed off to find breakfast. By this time it was nearing 5:00 am.

There is just something about hot coffee in the early morn that makes one happy.



In no time at all, we boarded our first plane. The flight went well, though I always get a little panicky when first taking off and landing.




Man, I love my mountains. God's beauty is amazing.





We had a layover in Chicago, and we soon discovered that our flight was delayed. We wandered the airport, freshened up in the bathroom, bought French fries, and finally found a wall to sit at and wait the time out.




After what felt like an eternity, we boarded our second plane that would take us to our final destination.


Grandma and Grandpa were there to great us and hugs were passed all around. It was so good to see them! I love those people.


Because our second flight was delayed, we didn't arrive at Grandma's until almost two hours later than was originally planned! Tired, we greeted family waiting at the house. The twins were so big, but as cute as ever! Melted my heart right into a puddle all over again.

And guys, I met my best friend that night. I haven't been the same since.


But... that's a story for another day.


13 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeee! It was such an amazing trip! And I'm waiting for the rest of the story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your trip went well and you had a blessed time! Yay! ^_^

    As for the last part of this post ... and that picture ... EEP! :))) Makes me so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun!!! I'm glad you had a good trip. Love all the photos!! And can't wait for the rest of the story. ;D

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds so amazing! <3 And I'm also looking forward to the rest of the story! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhm

    YOU CANNOT LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT HURRY UP HURRY UP cuz I'm going to die

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED! I can't wait till the rest of the story!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 love reading about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first flight was such fun!! Kirsten and I giggled and chatted for nearly the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete