Monday, June 19, 2017

Mount Monadnock


Saturday morning.

This was the second Saturday we were out there, and Josiah wanted to take us to climb the famous "Mount Monadnock".
That day we were all up, bright and early, ready to roll. But first, breakfast. Kirsten made crepe's and they were delicious with fresh strawberries and whipped topping. That girl is one good cook.

Before too long, we were loaded into our vehicles, and headed down the road.

Sorry for another hand picture guys, I just can't help it.

The day ended up being quite warm! We were all quite sweaty by the time we reached the top, though up there the breeze was showing her face and did it feel good. Yes.



There was a lot of people also heading up the mountain that day! There was some sort of contest or something, with markers posted along the trail. *shrugs*
It was neat to go there, as the hiking was much different that home! Rock. Rock everywhere! We don't have rocks like that, unless beside a river, so it was somewhat strange to have large boulders in the middle of a wooded forest.


It. Was. Hot.



Slowly but surely.

Taking a break!



*smiles* I miss this guy.
I'm going to add that today marks exactly one month since we become official.
It feels like yesterday.

And we made it to the top!
It was a lot of fun hiking and I'd go again!

After hiking we headed home, ate some chicken dinners Grandma bought us for lunch, and relaxed. We were all so worn out!
That evening we went to a gathering, and then later to Amos and Mary's for a short visit.

T'was a lovely day.

I wish life had a replay button.

6 comments:

  1. <3 You two are so cute. ;)
    I nearly died going up. but it was still quite fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish life had a replay button too *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the cutest!!
    I can't wait to see hum! >3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care what you all say, because I really enjoyed the view from up there! :) So different from home, but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pictures! I really don't know when the last time I hiked Monadnock was!

    ReplyDelete