Thursday, June 22, 2017

Boston//The Freedom Trail



The Old North Church.

The home of Paul Revere

The Boston Harbor.


Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would have the opportunity to see such places. But do you know what? I did. And it was a history lover's dream come true.





Bright and early Monday morning, we loaded into Grandpa's car, and headed on the road to the famous Boston, Massachusetts. The only down-fall was that Josiah was working so he was unable to join us. Other wise, it was one of my very favorite days on our East Coast vacation!


First stop was the Boston Aquarium. After missing the turn (to which Tyrel blames me. How was I suppose to know he didn't see the sign?!) we finally found a parking garage and got the car safely parked. It was cold and drizzly but thankfully it was not pouring as the weather had said it would be.











After the aquarium we were all hungry so we headed back outside and took off walking. We found a Panera Bread and enjoyed lunch there. It was my first time being there and I am afraid I am hooked. It was so good!


The aquarium was neat, but for this girl, The Freedom Trail was why I tagged along.




The Freedom Trail is an actual line that leads you through the heart of old Boston. It's several miles long with historical markers along the way. We didn't even reach half of them before it grew late and we had to head home! It would be neat to someday go back and spend a whole weekend just walking and seeing.


Along the way we found a cute little Gelato parlor, and of course Kirsten and Tyrel had to get some.




Tyrel was not too impressed with having to take this picture, until he found out those bricks were the trail.
*laughs*
We ended up starting in "Little Italy". The part of Boston where the Italians settled.
This little grocery was adorable with sawdust on the floor, and home canned goodies.
Even that little Italian man stopped by to pick up his daily fresh baked bread.


Me and Emily ran around everywhere squealing and touching everything!
"Imagine who touched these walls in 1776!"

First stop on the trail for us was the home of Paul Revere. It was tucked against a large brick building, with a large wooden fence along the front. No photos were allowed inside, but it was so fun to see! They even had original pieces of furniture that Paul Revere himself had used! I couldn't help soaking in every inch of that little house, trying to comprehend that Paul Revere himself had once breathed in those very rooms. *shutters*



Sisters.
Once we were done there, it was back onto the trail.



That detailing. They don't make buildings like they used to.






Our next stop was The Old North Church. My absolute favorite part.






So much rich history, and where our country truly began.









I felt as though I was dreaming as I walked into that beautiful building. Touching the wooden benches and smelling that old musty smell. Imagine how this place would have looked on Sunday morning back in 1776.


Men like
Paul Revere
Lafayette
and
Dr. Warren
walked those very floors.


After the church, we headed for Boston Harbor.






It was cold, but lovely, and a lot of fun to walk along.


By then it was nearing supper time, so we loaded back in the car and headed back home.
Once home, we ate supper, I showered, and Josiah came over.


I ended my day in pajama's, on the couch, watching Andy Griffith with my boyfriend.


Now if that isn't a perfect way to end a perfect day, I don't know what is.

11 comments:

  1. I would love to walk that trail. Can you believe, I've never been on it or been to Plymouth Plantation?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is sooo neat! I would love to go and check out all those places! What an adventure. ^_^ See Paul Revere's house and that old church! Eee! :))) Wow, so cool you got to experience that! :)

    That does sound like a pretty perfect way to end an exciting day ... ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go someday!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now my post will seem dull, but whatever - I'm a dull person. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved going to Boston and walking the Freedom Trail! And you were a fun partner to do it with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could go there RIGHT NOW! Look so fun! ~ Kylie

    ReplyDelete