Monday, June 12, 2017

The Granite State

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shining
When I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can't every day be just this good
- Travis Tritt "It's A Great Day To Be Alive"



Lilacs were blooming all over the Granite State, and their sweet scent drifted through the air wherever I went. Each time, I would breathe in deeply and savor the moment. Lilacs hold a special place in my heart and it was so good to have them around me in abundance.


The first week at Grandpa & Grandma's was spent relaxing and becoming reacquainted with my twin cousins. They were as cute as ever, much older than the eleven month old baby boys I left behind. They now talked, walked, laughed, giggled, ran, climbed, dug... you get the picture. If they could get into it, they did. Just thinking about them makes my heart sad. Why must they live so far away?


It was so nice to be back with my family. Grandpa, though he tired more easily, was still Grandpa. I loved hearing his voice and watching him tinker with this and that around the house.
Grandma was her busy self, and I loved what visits I had with her!


I always enjoy being with my Auntie Mary, and this time was no exception. You were my hero as a little girl, Auntie. You still are.


I can't remember details of what happened exactly, so I thought I would share some photos of my first week there. I'll share more with you later, like Mount Monadnock and Boston.


But for now here are a few... I took nearly 1,000 photos on this trip!


Our first day there, we all felt groggy and tired. So we took a stroll through town!

I had just awakened from a nap when I took this photo. Our first day there and my first real snuggle with cousin Cormick.

I took Callen outside on the swings! Also first day there.

Come on, look at that smile! How can you not love this kid?

Morning routine. Relax on the couch in the quiet for awhile.


Coffee. It's a must.

Josiah took me to see some falls one day! I actually believe this may have been on a Sunday after church?

Josiah also took me to the cutest coffee shop ever! I loved it so much he took me a second time. Even if it was about an hour drive away.

Doing your make-up is near impossible when those big brown eyes look at you. So we took mirror selfies instead.

Because we're weird and I love that girl.

Those eyes. Cormick, you are too cute for your own good. There should be a law against it.

There is nothing like snuggles with a sleeping little boy.
*my heart*

Josiah took me to another cute town and we strolled the streets.



Well, there you have it! More to come.

TTFN

Ta-Ta For Now

8 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun :) it's always sooo great to see family you don't see a lot! I love the photos <3

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE... I miss those angels <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all the pictures from the trip and hearing about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I was lost in a book many mornings... :)

    ReplyDelete